Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>My Morning BLT
E.J. 11:25 AM 07-15-2012
Probably was not what you were thinking......

Seems I have been on the road bike so much, my BLT had to be feeling left out. I woke up early, was drinking coffee and reading the paper and decided....best get out of the house. So with a quick change of clothes and grabbing a few things, I knocked the dust off the BLT and off I went....

I hit the Little Cottonwood Creek trail, which is an epic little ride. It is up Little Cottonwood Canyon(Snowbird & Alta ski resorts) and such a beatiful place. It is an out and back, 7 total miles, 1300' vertical of climbing and then you get to fly back down that.

Base Camp....

Tough to see, but there is a little creek running down that slope and under the trail right here. Why it prompted me to take a pic....I am not sure.

This photo does not do the trail justice, it is not all like this, but when it is....you better pick a good line and keep your legs pumping.

...and it gets worse..... I didn't make this section and it was hike a bike....

When you get to the top, there is a ruin of some sort.... You can see it across the creek there, just an old rock structure...
[Reply]
E.J. 11:35 AM 07-15-2012
Here are two more pics from up top. It is a nice place to take a drink, wipe your sweat and prepare to head back down....

This is that same place, just looking up the creek.

This is a bit of a change, this bridge use to be a much more technical section....but I assume people were getting beat up and they made it much easier....in fact, just easy.... Wish I had a pic of what it use to be.

Stopped on the bridge to take a quick photo...

What is a fat tire ride without dumping at least once... How I did it(dumped) I have no idea....but you can see the dig my front wheel made(right in the middle of the photo) and then when I ended up. It could have been MUCH, MUCH worse, I was going at a decent rate of speed when I started losing it....but wasn't moving much by the end and got up laughing....

My legs are feeling pretty strong and my lungs are good.... But my tech abilities on the dirt need the dust knocked off them.... Going up and coming down, I was all over the place at times....

That said, what a fun morning!
[Reply]
hammondc 11:57 AM 07-15-2012
Nice Subie!
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:38 PM 07-15-2012
Damn...I was expecting to see some serious bacon. :-) :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 01:29 PM 07-15-2012
nice pics. i wish we had trails like that around here.

just have some flattish hilly single trails.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 02:38 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Me too!! Haha
[Reply]
Ogre 06:01 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
:-)

Thanks for sharing. Looked like an awesome ride!!!!
[Reply]
Ismith75 06:06 PM 07-15-2012
Pics like that make me miss school in Boulder. Thanks for sharing :-)
[Reply]
Nathan 06:13 PM 07-15-2012
Very nice!
[Reply]
Silound 07:18 AM 07-16-2012
Nice pictures, very cool. Any chance you might have a few closeups of that ruin over to the side? It can't be very old, but the design has me curious.
[Reply]
MrWolf55 10:55 AM 07-16-2012
Awesome pics. Looked like a great ride
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:14 AM 07-16-2012
Thanks for sharing, I love getting out on the trail but we have a bad tick problem here and it really keeps me away.
[Reply]
E.J. 11:27 AM 07-16-2012
Thanks all, it is a fun ride and close....so that is a double thumbs up...:-)

Originally Posted by Silound:
Nice pictures, very cool. Any chance you might have a few closeups of that ruin over to the side? It can't be very old, but the design has me curious.
Unfortunately, those are the only photos I have.... Maybe when I get up there again, I'll see if there is an easy place to cross the creek and see if I can get something a little better.

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Thanks for sharing, I love getting out on the trail but we have a bad tick problem here and it really keeps me away.
TICKS.....:-) I have to admit that Lyme disease scares the piss out of me, thus....ticks scare the piss out of me.
[Reply]
Remo 11:35 AM 07-16-2012
Looks like a good ride E.J...amazed that the canyon is still so green :-)
[Reply]
MrWolf55 11:48 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
TICKS.....:-) I have to admit that Lyme disease scares the piss out of me, thus....ticks scare the piss out of me.
God....I would rather be trapped in a coffin full of flesh eating spiders than even be in the same room as a tick. I had a traumatizing 'camping' trip with my father when I was young and I remember waking up in the middle of the night with..no joke...17 ticks latched on to my body. Spent the rest of the night with my dad burning them off and picking off with tweezers the ones that had migrated 'down south.' Looking back on it, my dad and I laugh about our bonding time; but it's still made me afraid to even so much as cut my grass without long pants and off deep woodsman spray. Yeesh.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 02:46 PM 07-16-2012
LCC is the SHIZZZ!!! Love that canyon.
[Reply]
Malakai 03:09 PM 07-16-2012
Im a Roadie but have been seriously considering getting out and into the Mountains. This trail looks and sounds pretty cool.
[Reply]
E.J. 03:24 PM 07-16-2012
Love riding the mountains on the road bike as well.... In fact, if not for my mountain bike neglect, I would have went and rode the climbing loop of the Tour de Park City route Sunday instead.... It is a fun ride, decent workout and beautiful.
[Reply]
Up