Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>The power of a cigar.
Sonic04GT 08:31 PM 02-19-2012
Nice :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:08 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by deaster25:
I threw his black n. Mild in the fire. He had more.
Dude, just because we may not like someone else's tastes doesn't mean we have the right to destroy their property. :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:47 AM 02-20-2012
I threw his black n. Mild in the fire. He had more.
Hey idk if it's just me but throwing his cigar in the fire is kinda of a d*** move.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 10:23 AM 02-20-2012
Awesome job spreading the joy of cigar smoking!!! If that guy stays with it then one day he may grow to really appreciate that bone crusher! I just had my first one this past weekend and totally loved it!

Great story! :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 12:32 PM 02-20-2012
Echoing the choice of the cigar to start him off with...

But, glad he ended up enjoying something else.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:35 PM 02-20-2012
Digs has smoked 4 of those Havana VI last week, he is loving them right now.
I smoked one last week that he gave me, and enjoyed it. It would be a nice mellow stick to start out with. The Skull Crusher and Bone Breakers are great sticks but I guess too strong, I couldn't imagine a cigar making you cough without inhaling some though?
Well at least you found somthing they could all enjoy.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:05 PM 02-20-2012
Talk about trial by fire with that Surrogate (pun intended!). Those are some great smokes! Glad it turned out well for the guy.
[Reply]
deaster25 10:25 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Dude, just because we may not like someone else's tastes doesn't mean we have the right to destroy their property. :-)

Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
Hey idk if it's just me but throwing his cigar in the fire is kinda of a d*** move.

I gave him a cigar to replace it, he didn't mind so no need to get all worked up about it.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:47 PM 02-20-2012
I gave him a cigar to replace it, he didn't mind so no need to get all worked up about it.
That's not the point. How do you know the cigar he was smoking wasn't something of greater (sentimental) value. A gift from a family member perhaps. A smoke from a "brother" in the service who may have paid the ultimate price?

A few years ago, a good friend of mine and member of this board was smoking a VR Famosos at a herf when someone came up to him, snatched the cigar, threw it to the ground and smashed it underfoot saying "what are you smoking that crap for?" What that person didn't realize is that the cigar was a vintage, original release Famosos given to him by a close friend. Irreplaceable.

Things are not always what they seem.
[Reply]
deaster25 10:55 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
That's not the point. How do you know the cigar he was smoking wasn't something of greater (sentimental) value. A gift from a family member perhaps. A smoke from a "brother" in the service who may have paid the ultimate price?

A few years ago, a good friend of mine and member of this board was smoking a VR Famosos at a herf when someone came up to him, snatched the cigar, threw it to the ground and smashed it underfoot saying "what are you smoking that crap for?" What that person didn't realize is that the cigar was a vintage, original release Famosos given to him by a close friend. Irreplaceable.

Things are not always what they seem.
You guys are over thinking this way too much, I was there, you were not. The guy didn't want the black n mild anymore, he handed it to me and I didn't want it so I threw it in the fire, big ****ing deal.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:58 PM 02-20-2012
You guys are over thinking this way too much, I was there, you were not. The guy didn't want the black n mild anymore, he handed it to me and I didn't want it so I threw it in the fire, big ****ing deal.
Not so much us over thinking as maybe you under explaining. The way you tell the story now paints a very different picture. Maybe that is why folks responded the way they did. Makes much more sense now.

So I guess it's not a big ****ing deal, eh?
[Reply]
deaster25 11:03 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Not so much us over thinking as maybe you under explaining. The way you tell the story now paints a very different picture. Maybe that is why folks responded the way they did. Makes much more sense now.

So I guess it's not a big ****ing deal, eh?
Chose not to explain the tossing of the cigar in great detail, I don't think that it would have helped to get the intended message across.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up