Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>I just nabbed my first victim
dwoodward 03:38 AM 08-01-2010
There was an annual party that the local cigar bar in town throws together tonight. Of course I was down there, and of course my father took advantage of my new little cigar stash. I was getting ready to head out the door and he shows up just in time to tell me "Hey! I need a cigar!"

Anyway, I gave him free reign in my humidor and he picked a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. By half way through the cigar he tells me he wanted me to get online and buy him a whole box...

What have I done? :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 04:00 AM 08-01-2010
Sweet Brother. And down the slope you two will travel...
[Reply]
bigliver 05:54 AM 08-01-2010
...and boom goes the dynamite. You have blown his footing. It's a freefall down the slope from here.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:41 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Created a new smoking buddy :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:58 AM 08-01-2010
You have created a new bond.Can't beat that feeling. Down the slope you both go.
[Reply]
Ogre 07:27 AM 08-01-2010
There was an annual party that the local cigar bar in town throws together tonight. Of course I was down there, and of course my father took advantage of my new little cigar stash. I was getting ready to head out the door and he shows up just in time to tell me "Hey! I need a cigar!"

Anyway, I gave him free reign in my humidor and he picked a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. By half way through the cigar he tells me he wanted me to get online and buy him a whole box...

Its contagious, but you have created a new and different bond with your dad.:-):-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 08:45 PM 08-01-2010
Okay, so he wants a whole box of Rocky Patel Vintage '90's... And he actually reminded me about it. A whole box of 20 costs upwards of 100 dollars...

Should I instead try to "talk" him into one of the Humidor Combo's on CI instead?

I was looking at this one:
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...P-BC08&cat=161

It looks like a pretty great value. Plus, he ends up with a 5'er of the Vintage 90's he wanted and some other great 5'ers to go with them. Tack on a humidor for himself so his cigars stay fresh.

Opinions?
[Reply]
Ogre 08:52 PM 08-01-2010
Okay, so he wants a whole box of Rocky Patel Vintage '90's... And he actually reminded me about it. A whole box of 20 costs upwards of 100 dollars...

Should I instead try to "talk" him into one of the Humidor Combo's on CI instead?

It looks like a pretty great value. Plus, he ends up with a 5'er of the Vintage 90's he wanted and some other great 5'ers to go with them. Tack on a humidor for himself so his cigars stay fresh.

Opinions?
Why not, gives a variety of sticks to try.:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 08:54 PM 08-01-2010
Both! Plus Larrys idea!
[Reply]
Bill86 10:22 PM 08-01-2010

Opinions?
I don't know about your dad but I'm about 2 seconds away from pressing the order button on that humidor combo. I think it's great I've smoked 2/5 cigars in there already and like them a great deal. Looks like a steal to me. I'd offer your dad that combo deal other wise he's looking at a lot more money and MUCH less variety.
[Reply]
dwoodward 04:12 AM 08-04-2010

Opinions?
Well, I showed him the box prices for the RP Vintage's and he quickly decided he would like a sampler of some top-tier cigars. It didn't take much convincing to show him the value of that sampler. He quickly handed me 100 dollars and told me to order it for him. So its in the mail. :-)

I took this opportunity to order some cigars for myself as well. So the "Motherlode No.8 Sampler" is on its way here as well as a 50ct box of Alta Gracia Cigarillos (they were free with order).

Looks like I will have LOTS of smokes for the future, maybe a bomb is in order. :-)
[Reply]
Up