Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>a couple of people at work told me to go to......
big_jaygee 12:12 PM 02-01-2013
Elite cigars and said they have a good selection in their walk-in. The a dress led me to a Texaco gas station with a corner set as a walk-in.... it looked great from the outside, then I walked in. It was hot, damn hot! I looked for a hygrometer, found it, read it... inside temp was 75.6 degrees with a humidity level of 76%. I looked at some of the cigars and found mold on a majority of them so I walked out and went looking for the manager/owner. I politely informed them they might want to consider lowering the temp and humidity and go through their stock. She told me she thought it was just perfect and if I wasn't going to buy anything I need to leave! Hahahaha with pleasure :-) :-) no wonder the shelves were so full of product.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:14 PM 02-01-2013
Too funny. Heck, they don't need any additional humidity for good part of the year if they're in Houston
[Reply]
The Poet 12:19 PM 02-01-2013
Well, 75.6/76 is still 70/70, sorta. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:21 PM 02-01-2013
Maybe it was really a pet store? You should have brought a couple of those furry pals home with you!!!
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:39 PM 02-01-2013
What a coincidence! People usually tell me to go to a hot place, too!
[Reply]
czerbe 12:40 PM 02-01-2013
I have friends who do the same to me as well, People that are not "cigar geeks" or even regular smokers don't really get it like we do. When my family hands me a couple Macs, or Gurks I always say thanks and put them in the Muchador.
[Reply]
Bondo 287 12:41 PM 02-01-2013
Sending customers away ? Wow. Didn't even mention the sale on 2 for 1 cheeze dogs?
Don't even buy gas there.

" Moochador " ...nice Corey !
[Reply]
big_jaygee 12:58 PM 02-01-2013
:-) :-) oh you guys!!!! lmao the selection was ok nothing spectacular, i was really hoping i would walk in there and find some rare, old, HTF, stuff but twas not meant to be. Oh well back to on-line buying!! :-)
[Reply]
Jefft72 01:09 PM 02-01-2013
There is a Specs just around the corner from me that I have gone to a few times, but their hygrometers always seem a bit high or not working properly. I just drive a few miles down the road to my regular shop.
[Reply]
bruceolee 04:45 PM 02-01-2013
Perhaps it was a science experiment with trying to grow certain bacteria on premium tobacco? :-)

She asked you to leave after trying to help out? too funny! :-)
[Reply]
big_jaygee 04:53 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
She asked you to leave after trying to help out? too funny! :-)
yeah it was. i just walked out laughing. things were so bad i couldnt even find a decent empty box :-) :-)
[Reply]
TJarv 06:18 PM 02-01-2013
The Elite that's up here is actually really nice. They have a huge walk in humi that contains a great variety, a lounge, and a cafe.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:09 AM 02-07-2013
I had the same experience once at a Tinderbox and no BS I had the employee tell me that the humidity and temperature need to marry at 80 to be perfect. That's about the time my jaw hit the ground. Never a good sign when the humidor is hotter than the adjacent parking garage.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 11:53 AM 02-07-2013
Maybe their humi doubles as a snake farm
[Reply]
Up