Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Very Merry White Christmas
JoeCool87TC 10:44 PM 12-25-2012
Merry Christmas Everyone! We had a great day - it started at about 3:15am as Santa was leaving the area with a very loud boom as he exceeded sound speed. :-)

Actually it was a nearby lightning strike that killed our power for a few seconds. Then we had local thunderstorms with rain downpours until about 9:00am. The rain stopped and it was looking good, especially about 3:30pm or so when we started getting rain with clumps of snow! :-)

By 4:15 it was snowing heavily, and all told it looks like we got an inch or maybe two before it stopped sometime after 9:00pm. Anyway, here's a pic of our first Christmas in Texas, and it was/is a white Christmas!!! :-)

[Reply]
kelmac07 05:19 AM 12-26-2012
Haven't had a white Christmas in Virginia in some time. Man do I miss those days.
[Reply]
joeobx 06:11 AM 12-26-2012
Looks like we're having a white day after......sleet :-) at least I don't have to work today.
[Reply]
never_enough 01:22 PM 12-26-2012
It was snowing yesterday morning, started to accumulate. Then it stopped and melted. No white Christmas.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:24 PM 12-26-2012
Glad at least one person who wanted it got a white Christmas, Joe. :-)

Here in Chicago, I was more than cool with a green Christmas.
[Reply]
JoeCool87TC 02:00 PM 12-26-2012
I like it, so does wifey. The last white Christmas I had was 1959 on Vashon Island, WA when I was 8 years old. Sure am glad to be back in a rural setting now, even though I did have to wait for retirement to do so. All the interim years were spent in SoCal and I'm really glad to be out of that mess!
[Reply]
iaMkcK 02:29 AM 12-27-2012
Texas got snow? Oh come on! Now I know the deserts of California deserve a little powder if Texas is getting some -.-
[Reply]
cobra03 03:06 AM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Haven't had a white Christmas in Virginia in some time. Man do I miss those days.
A white Christmas is nice but I remember how people drive in VA in the snow. Well I wouldnt call it driving so much as it is sliding off the road into a ditch. Made me want to lock the door and hide under my bed.
[Reply]
Up