Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>I love my job
TheJ 04:19 PM 02-08-2009
From time to time I have women guests surprise me with desserts at work, the hotel. Although, I'm not big on most sweets I can appreciate when a woman is giving.

Just a few minutes ago one of my regulars, a gentleman that reps Al Capone, stopped by and gave me a t-shirt and a baggy of Wilshire from Tinderbox. It smells like 1-Q. That's one of my regular smokes.

If only he was a she I'd be in love.:-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 04:44 PM 02-08-2009
Free stuff is always a good thing! I am interested in knowing what you think of that Wilshire.
[Reply]
TheJ 04:50 PM 02-08-2009
From tobaccoreviews.com

1-Q
Brand: Lane Limited
Blender: Lane Limited
Tin Description: Basically a Golden Cavendish blend but with a hint of Fire-Cured blended in provides scintillating taste and flavorful aroma.
Country of Origin: US
Curing Group: Fire Cured
Contents:
Cavendish
Virginia
Cut: Ribbon
Packaging: Bulk
Blend Notes: Also sold as 'Wilshire' by TinderBox

I smoke a bowl of 1-Q at least once a week, so I know I like it. I've heard it many times that 1-Q is the best selling tobacco in the US. I'm not sure about the rest of the planet. A lot of B&Ms rename the Lane Limited blends. You might have had it and not known.
[Reply]
Dgar 01:23 PM 02-10-2009
I was given a pipe and an ounce of Wilshire for Christmas... I've bought two or three more ounces since, I like it. I think I'll have a bowl this afternoon.

So this is a lane brand.. 1-Q. Would have never known thanks.
[Reply]
Up