Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>I need recommendation on coffee with my pipe
subotaj 06:04 PM 02-21-2009
Just get 2lb of Jamaica blue mountain (straight from Jamaica)
1LB of Cuban Trinidad mountains
and Hawaii blue mountain.

I'm looking to try new one,
can you recommend me please?
I thought about to try next African coffee, do you know a good one?
maybe Ethiopian??

Thanks.
[Reply]
WWhermit 12:40 PM 02-22-2009
The coffee guys in the next forum down might be able to help you out here. Although I know some of us bleed over into that forum as well.

I glanced over there, started reading on different beans from different farms, different roasters.....and slowly backed out! I can't handle more than one slope at a time.

You double slopers, you have my admiration, and my pity!

Let us know what you come up with, as I am a coffee drinker as well.

WWhermit
:-)
[Reply]
Savvy 01:26 PM 02-22-2009
I find that coffee can usually overpower the nuances of a pipe. I would usually drink a lighter roasted coffee, like a Guatemalan or Costa Rican if I had coffee with a pipe. But usually with a pipe I would go with tea--less overpowering.

Really up to you though, and what kind of coffee you like.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 03:13 PM 02-22-2009
Like some other bright fellow said, when I smoke and drink coffee, either:
1) the pipe keeps going out; or
2) the coffee gets cold.

I like a pipe and I love coffee, but I have no luck enjoying them at the same once. Try espresso. Fwip! and it's gone, then back to keeping the pipe alive.
[Reply]
Professor Mike 10:19 PM 02-23-2009
Originally Posted by subotaj:
Just get 2lb of Jamaica blue mountain (straight from Jamaica)
1LB of Cuban Trinidad mountains
and Hawaii blue mountain.

I'm looking to try new one,
can you recommend me please?
I thought about to try next African coffee, do you know a good one?
maybe Ethiopian??

Thanks.
I would like to suggest French Market Orginal Blend, Very smooth,no bitter taste,goes well with any tobacco blend.

Prof. Mike:-)
[Reply]
Nick 12:11 AM 02-24-2009
Only time I would drink coffee with a pipe is when I am smoking a strong rope and I'll drink any old coffee with a splash of bailey's. I agree though that coffee would overpower the subtleties of a tobacco.
[Reply]
morefifemusic 07:22 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by WWhermit:
The coffee guys in the next forum down might be able to help you out here. Although I know some of us bleed over into that forum as well.

I glanced over there, started reading on different beans from different farms, different roasters.....and slowly backed out! I can't handle more than one slope at a time.

You double slopers, you have my admiration, and my pity!

Let us know what you come up with, as I am a coffee drinker as well.

WWhermit
:-)
Im with hermit and the others on this one. I have tried enjoying coffee with a pipe, but the flavors and nuances just don't compliment each other all that great. Things get over powering and muddy.

Espresso is the exception. Because you can drink it shot style. :-)

Tea on the other hand, goes great with the pipe. I don't care for green teas, but find black teas to be very satisfying.
[Reply]
subotaj 03:45 AM 02-26-2009
Thank you for your suggestions,
appreciated.
and to give you back a favor here is a link to eBay seller who lives in Jamaica and sell Jamaica blue Mountain straight for Jamaica.

Here is the link to his eBay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Jamaican-coffee-store
[Reply]
Up