Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Double happiness sampler...
poriggity 02:57 PM 09-22-2012
I thought so.. I may have to jump on them when they come around next time... We'll see how these smoke....
Scott
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:19 PM 09-22-2012
I did the double happiness last year sometime. Great sampler. Always cut the cigar in half and share with a friend.

It's made to be cut in half tbh, there is a half inch area in the middle that has no wrapper on it to show where you need to cut.
[Reply]
poriggity 03:30 PM 09-22-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I did the double happiness last year sometime. Great sampler. Always cut the cigar in half and share with a friend.

It's made to be cut in half tbh, there is a half inch area in the middle that has no wrapper on it to show where you need to cut.

Yup, that was my immediate thought, and given the price I got it for on the devil site, it was hard to beat!
Scott
[Reply]
sevans105 03:33 PM 09-22-2012
I bought this sampler about a year ago. Used one of them for a "LONGEST ASH" contest.

Still didn't win. Stupid Taki.

I've smoked them both ways. Doing the full version is a pretty big commitment time wise and I did have to trim the end a couple of times (after the ash fell, of course) but it tasted fine. Neither the whole or the halves are true to the label, particularly the Graycliffs, but they aren't bad.
[Reply]
poriggity 03:41 PM 09-22-2012
Hmmmm... can you tell me what they taste like? How different do you think they taste? Not that it matters, but I don't see how they can label them as they do, and not have them taste like they should..
[Reply]
sevans105 03:47 PM 09-22-2012
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Hmmmm... can you tell me what they taste like? How different do you think they taste? Not that it matters, but I don't see how they can label them as they do, and not have them taste like they should..
I've smoked all but one of them now. They almost all taste just the same. Very mild, a bit tough on the draw at first but certainly manageable. I'm a big fan of the Graycliffs and these just weren't up to the level. Honestly, if you cut them all up and remove the bands, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know they were different brands. Like I said, they weren't bad, just not really recognizable.

They are fun to smoke in a crowd though....lots of "phallic symbol" jokes to be had.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:32 PM 09-25-2012
Got the sampler today.. Pulled them all out and cut them all in half, with the exception of a few of them that I plan on sharing... Gonna try one of the ones I cut in half tommorow to see how they smoke...

Scott
[Reply]
irratebass 08:00 AM 09-26-2012
Nice looking sampler none the less.....interesting to hear your take.
[Reply]
363 08:18 AM 09-26-2012
I dont think I have the patients to smoke one of those whole
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up