Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Just put a bullet in my Blockbuster subscription
hammondc 06:23 PM 04-20-2012
Store near me is closing and their fill rate from BB.com has been 100% garbage. So.....netflix streaming it is for a bit to try it out. Been with blockbuster as long as they have been doing in store exchanges.

What else do you guys use? I would like to do Directv Cinema, but $5.99 a movie is REALLY steep. They may have me for $3.99 with a buy 5 get one free type deal.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 06:25 PM 04-20-2012
redbox for me
[Reply]
Ogre 06:35 PM 04-20-2012
Just learned that you can go to redbox.com and reserve movies it their boxes.
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:15 PM 04-20-2012
Redbox! Netflix is pretty good if you don't mind waiting a day or 2, their streaming is amazing too. I also use Zune and Vudu for Xbox, but it is about 4 bucks for SD and 5 for HD, so only if I can't get it at redbox, Netflix, or hulu.
[Reply]
cricky101 09:06 PM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Just learned that you can go to redbox.com and reserve movies it their boxes.
We use that feature a lot. It's nice you can see what's available at a specific machine if you're going to be in the area or search for a specific title and it'll show which which machines have it. Really handy.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:19 AM 04-21-2012
Never done much with Redbox. May have to start going that route too. They are hella convenient since they are at the grocery stores.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:22 AM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
... and Vudu for Xbox, but it is about 4 bucks for SD and 5 for HD, so only if I can't get it at redbox, Netflix, or hulu.
May have to look at Vudu. Never messed with it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:17 AM 04-21-2012
I love my Netflix. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:51 PM 04-21-2012
Netflix! Have over 500 titles in my queue!
[Reply]
hammondc 08:36 PM 04-21-2012
Been watching netflix. However, I keep getting disconnected from XBL. Any ideas? DL/UL speed should be more than sufficient.
[Reply]
oooo35980 10:57 PM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Been watching netflix. However, I keep getting disconnected from XBL. Any ideas? DL/UL speed should be more than sufficient.
Slow DL speed would make you get "Buffering" alot. If you are getting completely disconnected it is probably a lousy Wifi connection, your Xbox could be too far from your router or something could be interfering with your wifi signal.

You would barely notice it when surfing the web, but when streaming video or playing games online a wonky wifi signal will screw you every time. Try moving your Xbox closer to your router or just use an ethernet cable between your router and Xbox.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:24 PM 04-21-2012
Hope u used a 45 because the 9mm is inadequate :P

I just use red box it's every where.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:24 AM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
Slow DL speed would make you get "Buffering" alot. If you are getting completely disconnected it is probably a lousy Wifi connection, your Xbox could be too far from your router or something could be interfering with your wifi signal.

You would barely notice it when surfing the web, but when streaming video or playing games online a wonky wifi signal will screw you every time. Try moving your Xbox closer to your router or just use an ethernet cable between your router and Xbox.
Connected directly to the router.

Dl / Ul speed is good. It does stop and start buffering though and sometimes just a complete disconnect from XBL. I never lose connection to XBL when gaming. . Strange...

[Reply]
oooo35980 03:08 PM 04-22-2012
Do you have a cable modem and a router, or is it all in 1? If you have both you could plug the Xbox into the modem and see if it's your router giving you trouble. Is it only Netflix or do you get the same thing with other video streaming services?
[Reply]
hammondc 04:09 PM 04-22-2012
Modem/router all in one. Wall-->Ubee box--> Xbox.

Have not tried other streaming yet. That is on my list of stuff to do.
[Reply]
abanytime 12:39 PM 04-27-2012
Amazing how Blockbuster blew the obvious advantage they had over Netflix that Netflix had no competition for. A network of brick & mortar stores. I guess the market changed enough that it didn't matter to people if you could pick one up at the corner store.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:49 PM 04-27-2012
I use Hulu+ and Netflix, it's okay.
[Reply]
G G 01:25 PM 04-27-2012
I have a roku and stream netflix. Also have Crackle and popcorn flix which are both free. Roku has a lot of paid and free channels.
[Reply]
proguy747 03:38 PM 04-27-2012
Your ping is horrible. Thats your problem.
[Reply]
oooo35980 04:26 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by proguy747:
Your ping is horrible. Thats your problem.
I guess it could be latency, but if you don't get crazy lag when you are gaming you should be fine streaming video. I had a lousy Comcast connection that would go from working perfectly to no connection at all for a split second because of noise on the cable, they had to come out and run a new cable from the main cable line and bam no more problem. Call your ISP and have them give you a signal checkup.
[Reply]
Up