Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Question on cedar drawers in a vino and cigar interaction.
MrOneEyedBoh 04:07 PM 07-10-2011
I have had my ChasDen drawers for sometime now. The cigars have been in my vino with the ChasDens for around 2 years or so. Now, usually I'll take a smell from the foot of the cigar to get an idea on if it had any funky smells and then I'll cut or punch it. Then do a dry draw from it etc.

Now, what I'm wondering is, the cigars in the drawers all have a cedar-ish taste/smell pre-light. But the cigars I have in boxes/cabs do not have the distinct aroma/taste.

Could this throw off the cigar's taste profile etc? And the reason I'm asking that is because pretty much all the cigars I'll smoke I can only pick up floral notes, none of the chocolate, sweet etc (sticks that are not flavored, none of them in this house :-) ) flavors that people talk about nor the ones I see on those flavor wheels ( I knot they are reference only ). Would this be due to my virgin palate? I do nasal exhale always, and I remember reading that this will only help to dial in the flavors more directly as well, but I still go back to the floral notes only..
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 04:32 PM 07-10-2011
Also, I just read something about cigars what are sick have to be stored away from other cigars? If thats the case then I have about 500 bad cigars.. damn it haha Some of the smokes were good and then they started to taste off, so I guessed that they were sick or just needed more time to turn around again.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:01 PM 07-10-2011
Where did you read that?
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:02 PM 07-10-2011
Someone on here said something about have sick cigars in their own humidor.. By your short post, Im guessing that its not true..

On that note, I guess Im ok.
[Reply]
Drez 10:06 PM 07-10-2011
I have / had sick cigars in my vino or cooler with my other smokes and never noticed a difference in the good ones. I would just open my humi for a minute or 2 once a week to let it air out / exchange air if I hadn't gone In it in a bit.
[Reply]
ZachF88 11:13 PM 07-10-2011
"sick" cigar? Never heard of this. Maybe someone can elaborate on this.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:17 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by ZachF88:
"sick" cigar? Never heard of this. Maybe someone can elaborate on this.
This sums it up pretty well.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...iod#post962726
[Reply]
Drez 11:19 PM 07-10-2011
Some quick info

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/news-...ur-cigars-sick
[Reply]
Up