Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Noob Help
nexprofit 01:15 PM 07-08-2011
I havent been smoking cigars too long. I've only had 25 sticks and 3 of them were good enough to be repeats. (Camacho Triple Maduro, LFD Factory Press III, and Brazilias) I have been reading up on the the reviews and going back to The Humidor here in Wichita, KS. and asking for help finding more cigars that i like. I was told i like complex, full thinking man cigars. Not sure what that means. But i know i like strong cigars that arent harsh on my throat, but have bite to the tongue. i like black pepper, earthy/wood notes, cocoa/coffee, and different liquors (anejo/rum). problem is. like them all in one cigar. And i have been spending $13.00 per stick to do so. i was hoping to get some guidance on some cigars i should try. even if they are pricey, ill spend the money to try it. a list or a link to a review of a cigar, or even a link to a site i can order one from.
any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:49 PM 07-08-2011
Having smoked only 25 cigars, having random internet BOTL/SOTL pick one for you is going to be a tough task. Most people can smoke well over 100 to find the ones they truly like or daily smokes. Thats some the beauty of cigars, there are so many available and atleast one out there for everyone's taste. Keep smoking, try as many as you can get your hands on. You can try samplers from various vendors like Cigarbid.com. There are typically samplers with slightly descriptive titles like "Full flavored" or "Mild and Creamy" etc. :-)

Also might want to take the time to make an introduction in the New Inmates Forum and let the Asylum know a little about yourself. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:58 PM 07-08-2011
Try some of the My Father cigars, Padrons and Tatuaje would probably be close to your flavor profile for what little info we have. Also how few cigars you have smoked.
[Reply]
nexprofit 02:00 PM 07-08-2011
Cigarbid...check!, New inmates...Check!....Mild and Creamy...Check!....using of the rogaine....Check! (hangover quote)

thanks for the reply. ill man up and just try all i can.
[Reply]
nexprofit 02:02 PM 07-08-2011
Ill scoop up some padrons, and tatuaje for the weekend, till the ones i order come in.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:03 PM 07-08-2011
don't forget the padron thousand series its a good every day smoke and about $5-8 each.
[Reply]
Kneo 09:11 PM 07-08-2011
I have to recommend Taboo Twists and Rocky Patel Vintage 92's for a nice and creamy taste.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:13 PM 07-08-2011
I went thru alot of dog turds finding cigars I liked. Now my list of go to smokes is huge. Good luck brother!
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:33 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by Kneo:
I have to recommend Taboo Twists and Rocky Patel Vintage 92's for a nice and creamy taste.
yes the twist with coffee is great in the morning.
[Reply]
Kneo 09:35 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
yes the twist with coffee is great in the morning.
Agreed! I still need to get some more ordered.
[Reply]
Drez 09:39 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
don't forget the padron thousand series its a good every day smoke and about $5-8 each.
+1
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:53 AM 07-09-2011
you've already listed the LFD factory press as one of your few repeats. i'd explore the LFD line - especially the double ligero chisel. you'll find the profile similar throughout; spicey, peppery, chocolately.

good luck!
[Reply]
nexprofit 07:42 AM 07-11-2011
Thanks everyone for the input im writing all these down on my "to get list".
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:50 AM 07-11-2011
I recomend the Diesel brand, great quality and great flavors.
[Reply]
Up