Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva Cigar Event - ever been?
timj219 01:17 PM 07-02-2012
There is an Oliva Cigar Event scheduled for 7/13 in Saratoga Springs at James and Sons Tobacconist and I will be visiting my son in Albany that weekend. I'm considering making a run up there (it's about 45 minute drive).
Has anybody ever been to one of these? What is an Oliva Cigar Event?

BTW if anyone is ever in Saratoga Springs James and Sons is a nice place. They recommended EP Carrillo cigars to me and they've become one of my favorite brands.
[Reply]
forgop 01:20 PM 07-02-2012
Oliva events typically have the local rep and possibly Jose himself with discounts available on purchases (usually a buy 4, get 1 free, buy a box and get entered for a drawing for Oliva swag, etc) and food/beverages. Usually a good event to attend.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:22 PM 07-02-2012
I have enjoyed the "O" events I have attended. Like Duane said, Food, drink, and cigar deals.
[Reply]
shilala 01:26 PM 07-02-2012
I've never been to one, but I'd certainly like to go. If there was one 45 minutes away, I think I'd have to get there. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:30 PM 07-02-2012
say hi to Bryan Scholle for me.
[Reply]
timj219 05:34 PM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
say hi to Bryan Scholle for me.
Shall I say Ferdinand from Amsterdam? Or Don Fernando? And will he smile and shake my hand or frown and shake his fist?
[Reply]
timj219 05:37 PM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've never been to one, but I'd certainly like to go. If there was one 45 minutes away, I think I'd have to get there. :-)
It does seem silly not to check it out. I can claim I'm just taking my son out so my wife and the future daughter in law can get to know each other better. Yeah that's it.
[Reply]
RCS44 07:04 PM 07-02-2012
Good events to attend. They have lots goodies and usually a person rolling cigars that they raffle things off. They are fun :-)
[Reply]
Kevin(n)tn 07:07 PM 07-02-2012
I have been and I really enjoyed it. I had just started smoking and the rep and store owner took the time and explained a lot to me. I have been a Oliva fan ever since.
[Reply]
Up