Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>The 5 Best Cigars to Give Your Cigar Newbie Friends
dwoodward 09:03 PM 06-25-2012
To be honest, I would say any cigar you got in a sampler/trade/gift that you personally do not like. Don't give a dog rocket to them, just good cigars that do not fit your palate. If you have no use for them, perhaps your friend will like them.
[Reply]
lenguamor 09:11 PM 06-25-2012
The La Aurora Cameroons are an excellent beginners' cigar. And in the $3-4 range, very forgiving of noobs.
[Reply]
oooo35980 09:37 PM 06-25-2012
Depends on their history with Tobacco products, alot of people I know smoke cigarettes or dip, I'd probably give any of them an Undercrown. A complete tobacco virgin, I'd give a CI legends red label, or possibly a Baccarat Connie, because I have some that I don't smoke and it's better to ease newbies into it.
[Reply]
shibby4781 10:31 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
I would never give a friend an infused cigar. Unless they specifically asked for one. Why anyone would want to smoke a cigar that was made to not taste like a cigar is beyond me. But I don't judge.
I'm not trying to defend infused. I have had my fair share. If the mood strikes me, I will smoke one but they aren't always my first choice. In my opinion some are good some are not so good. However, IT IS a genre of cigars and THEY ARE CIGARS. They taste good to some and not good to others. Again, everyone has their own tastes. To some that may be just what a cigar should taste like. I don't piss on people that drink Coors Light but I do piss in it.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 05:11 AM 06-26-2012
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.....
[Reply]
shibby4781 08:36 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Theo Cincy:
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.....
:-):-):-) That pretty much sums it up. I wish I wasn't so long winded. LOL.
[Reply]
RobR1205 08:38 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
Depends on their history with Tobacco products, alot of people I know smoke cigarettes or dip, I'd probably give any of them an Undercrown. A complete tobacco virgin, I'd give a CI legends red label, or possibly a Baccarat Connie, because I have some that I don't smoke and it's better to ease newbies into it.
So true...my friend asked me for "the strongest stick I had", so I reluctantly gave him a Cu-Avana Punisher I had laying in my humi...I watched him throw up and then assume the fetal position an hour and a half later! :-)
[Reply]
BUC WHITE 09:31 AM 06-26-2012
Oliva g maduro or perdomo lot 23 maduro is what i usually pass out when a newbie wants a stick. They both are pretty inexpensive and have good flavor. Great everyday smokes for the price
[Reply]
CigarDojo 10:18 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
To be honest, I would say any cigar you got in a sampler/trade/gift that you personally do not like. Don't give a dog rocket to them, just good cigars that do not fit your palate. If you have no use for them, perhaps your friend will like them.
That's where I respectfully disagree.

When I am gifting cigars to a new cigar smoker I want to share my passion with them. I want to describe to them why they are going to like this cigar and what flavors they might expect, I think it's a good idea to smoke the same cigar with them so they don't feel like you are giving them "sloppy seconds". Can you imagine giving your friends the beer in your fridge that you don't like?? You are drinking a Newcastle while your buddy gets stuck with a Keystone Light.

I have made the mistake of giving cigar noobs the cigars I don't like and later regretted not giving them something better so that they had a better experience.

That's why I have devised my list of cheaper cigars that are still winners!
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:44 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by CigarDojo:
That's where I respectfully disagree.

When I am gifting cigars to a new cigar smoker I want to share my passion with them. I want to describe to them why they are going to like this cigar and what flavors they might expect, I think it's a good idea to smoke the same cigar with them so they don't feel like you are giving them "sloppy seconds". Can you imagine giving your friends the beer in your fridge that you don't like?? You are drinking a Newcastle while your buddy gets stuck with a Keystone Light.

I have made the mistake of giving cigar noobs the cigars I don't like and later regretted not giving them something better so that they had a better experience.

That's why I have devised my list of cheaper cigars that are still winners!
I see your point, but I thought this was about gifting a cigar. Of course, if you smoke a cigar with a new cigar smoker, it only makes sense to smoke the same thing you give them. I was talking about if you had a buddy that just got into smoking and needed some freebies. I did this with my good buddies and he eventually bought a whole box of one of the sticks I gave him, he is very thankful of the handful of sticks I gave him.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up