Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Frozen Cigars
captTrips 05:29 AM 06-24-2012
My very good friend just gave me a box of very fine cigars....from his freezer!!:-) Is there any way to save them? I'm pretty sure I know the answer and he was so proud I was afraid to tell him. Any suggestion?
[Reply]
massphatness 05:38 AM 06-24-2012
Save them? He saved them already - from beetles! Put them in your fridge to bring up their temp slowly.

Your friend is wise. Many on here freeze their cigars before putting them in the humi.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
captTrips 05:40 AM 06-24-2012
Really? I thought they'd be kindling for the fireplace?!
[Reply]
massphatness 05:40 AM 06-24-2012
See the stickies in the General Cigar discussion forum. I'm having trouble posting the link thru my phone.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Garbandz 06:33 AM 06-24-2012
You learn something new every day. Now go brush your teeth...........:-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:04 AM 06-24-2012
Cigars get frozen only after they are double, triple, or more bagged to keep in the moisture. If they were just chillin by the ice cream I doubt they will make it. Key is freezing in an air tight container,
[Reply]
OLS 07:53 AM 06-24-2012
If they spent more than a month or two in there, you can indeed dump em, but I would smoke no less than three
first. You never know what you have til you try em. If he just happened on them after they were in there for
6 months or a year or more, it's a shame. EVEN THEN, you never know.
[Reply]
DaBear 10:41 AM 06-24-2012
Originally Posted by captTrips:
Really? I thought they'd be kindling for the fireplace?!
A lot of manufacturers are getting into doing so as well before they ship the cigars. Saves them the headache of getting complaints that they sent cigars with beetles in them.
[Reply]
lenguamor 03:27 PM 06-24-2012
I have cigars that are 70, 80, 90 years old. Most of them were kept in a box in someone's attic or in a desk drawer for decades.

After some TLC and time with my other inmates, THEY'RE FINE. Some of them are actually damned excellent.

Why assume the worst and risk just throwing out cigars which might be good? I see way too much emphasis placed on mistaken belief; try them, it's the only way to know.

And read the stickies. A lot of fine brothers went to a lot of effort to put information at our fingertips to just ignore.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 03:51 PM 06-24-2012
Just curious, how long were they in the freezer for? I'm in the 'smoke a few and find out' camp as well.

Nice username btw.
[Reply]
captTrips 05:16 PM 06-27-2012
I'm still kind of learning the ins and outs of the forum so I apologize if I am reinventing the wheel.
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 05:45 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
Just curious, how long were they in the freezer for? I'm in the 'smoke a few and find out' camp as well.
Me, too. What's the worst that can happen? Do what you can to get them back to normal smoking condition, try a few out, and let us know!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 12:09 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
Nice username btw.

+1

One of my all time favorite books.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:40 PM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike:
Me, too. What's the worst that can happen? Do what you can to get them back to normal smoking condition, try a few out, and let us know!
This :-)
[Reply]
Up