Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Popped my ....
BigCat 01:35 PM 06-24-2012
I love padrons and burn more 3000 maduros than any other cigar. It just delivers exactly what I like. I've found that stouts and porters go great with them. I also like gin martinis and scotch or Irish whiskey, sometimes bourbon. Perhaps I have a problem :-). I have recently started drinking white wine, but I haven't found it to pair well with cigars at all. Check out some 601 blue labels. If you like the padrons, I'd be shocked if you didn't like those as well.
[Reply]
DaBear 01:45 PM 06-24-2012
Originally Posted by BigCat:
I have recently started drinking white wine, but I haven't found it to pair well with cigars at all..
I've found red wines are the best bet for pairing wine with cigars, whites tend to be too sweet to mix with cigars well, you'd need a milder really sweet smoke to pair well with them IMO. Try something with a Sumatra wrapper, first that comes to mind for me that may pair well is a Tat Cojonu 2012 Sumatra.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:29 PM 06-24-2012
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
I believe the Padron's are Nicaraguan puros, I have never really noticed a huge difference between the naturals and the maduros.

If you like Padron's I would try the Illusiones or pretty much any Tatuaje. I love Nicaraguans.

I usually pair cigars with a coke, lemonade if it is hot or iced tea. But I am not a big liquor person.

I would also try the regular Padron's - great cigars at a little lower price point.
Here are some web pages for your perusal in regards to Aarons post #2:

http://www.padron.com/

http://www.illusionecigars.com/

http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/

I usually drink ice water, ice tea, diet Vernor', or a good cup of coffee when I smoke. I would also recommend trying a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1 if they are available at your local B&M. Here's their web page:

http://www.laflordominicana.com/

Enjoy the education and experience Keith...:-)
[Reply]
Hem 05:25 PM 06-24-2012
Never had a padron before but you guys make them sound great. Def something on the "to try" list. Glad you enjoyed yours!
[Reply]
DaBear 05:31 PM 06-24-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
Never had a padron before but you guys make them sound great. Def something on the "to try" list. Glad you enjoyed yours!
Hmmmmm.... :-)
[Reply]
BigCat 08:25 PM 06-24-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
I've found red wines are the best bet for pairing wine with cigars, whites tend to be too sweet to mix with cigars well, you'd need a milder really sweet smoke to pair well with them IMO. Try something with a Sumatra wrapper, first that comes to mind for me that may pair well is a Tat Cojonu 2012 Sumatra.
Yeah I have no problems with a big cab or zin. I just don't smoke with a dry white. Actually, a moscato isn't bad with a milder smoke, but it is more dessert-like than a regular wine. I normally drink sauvignon blancs and chardonays when I have white, which are not sweet.
[Reply]
shibby4781 03:21 PM 06-25-2012
Thank you again for all the suggestions! I'm still in the discovery phase so I can't say for sure what kind of tobacco I like the most yet. I have found that a good red wine seems to go well with most smokes. Also, I have been brewing my own iced tea lately and that is refreshing when I'm not in the booze, which isn't very often.
[Reply]
Big Bert 03:36 PM 06-25-2012
Pardons are the best.... that is all .... :-)
[Reply]
OLS 03:44 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
I chuckled a bit at the bolded(assuming you're being sarcastic).

And as much as Padron will deny it, they do use a Mexican wrapper, its been an unspoken but known thing for a while.
Hahahahahah, now I assume YOU are being sarcastic. If you are saying that, I have to assume you
are like me, in that if you believe a thing enough it becomes true. Because what you are saying has no
basis in fact, and would only be proffered to you by a supposed informed insider who was FOS.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:51 PM 06-25-2012
Haha, when I first saw the title I read it as "Pooped my..." Not sure what I was expecting but I decided to click anyway.:-) After a couple seconds into the initial post I realized I clearly read the title wrong. OK, back on topic!
[Reply]
shibby4781 05:27 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Haha, when I first saw the title I read it as "Pooped my..."
Everytime I see the title, even when I first posted it, that is what keeps running through my head! I still do a double take.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up