Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>JR-Cigars and suck it
Dunkel 10:46 AM 06-30-2012
I have bought from most every major vendor but 2. Thompson's and JR. Nice company they keep huh?! LOL JR has never carried what I like at a decent price, and Thompson, well you know!
[Reply]
The Poet 10:57 AM 06-30-2012
Though everyone's entitled to an opinion, I get the feeling this attack is more personal than corporate, or even necessary. Thus I'll limit my comment to the personal:

I've only met a few of the guys on CA in person, and then only once, and found them to be very nice people . . . as are most of the cigar nuts I've known. I have met Lew Rothman several times, and have rarely met a nicer man than him. His control over JRs has been reduced in recent years, but I feel certain he does his best to do his best for his customer base. And I believe his response to this criticism above would be along the lines of "OK, do what you need to do, brother, and I'll do what I need to too. No biggie."

Just my :-) , and worth every penny.
[Reply]
fencefixer 11:42 AM 06-30-2012
nope not personal just straight up business :-) if it was personal I would have brought up something personal.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:03 PM 06-30-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixerTheir selection and specials are [B:
always horrid[/b], their catalog sucks donkey dong as well but I figured there must be something that JR does right so give it a try, ya know? Little did I know how much they don't care about new customers. How are they even still around? This was my last attempt to do any business with JR-Cigars. Go **** yourself JR-Cigars and thank you atlanticcigar.com for always having such great prices. :-)
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
nope not personal just straight up business :-) if it was personal I would have brought up something personal.

:-) My mistake.
[Reply]
fencefixer 12:57 PM 06-30-2012
lol if it was personal I would have said Lew Rothman! JR is a business. Suppose I should have clarified, my bad.
[Reply]
OLS 03:00 PM 06-30-2012
Not necessarily, although you know what you mean in your own thread. JR to me IS Lew Rothman.
he steered it through the tough years, the boom years, grew it to what it is today and also is responsible
for a lot of what people hate about it. He gets the good with the bad and there is plenty of both.
[Reply]
OLS 07:38 AM 07-03-2012
I just showed THEM!

I bought two boxes of PUNCH cigars to get a free soft flame flint lighter, the ones designed like the ST Dupont.
Nice Punch Blue finish with a logo one it. Troops get the smokes, I get the lighters. I also picked up a couple of
Bobkens for the car-smoking and a travel Humidor. I didn't feel ripped off in the end, in fact I felt like while I was
supporting the troops I managed to score some sweet lighters....
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm....html#itemList

WHoops...............SUCK IT JR!
[Reply]
irratebass 10:49 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
I just showed THEM!

I bought two boxes of PUNCH cigars to get a free soft flame flint lighter, the ones designed like the ST Dupont.
Nice Punch Blue finish with a logo one it. Troops get the smokes, I get the lighters. I also picked up a couple of
Bobkens for the car-smoking and a travel Humidor. I didn't feel ripped off in the end, in fact I felt like while I was
supporting the troops I managed to score some sweet lighters....
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm....html#itemList

WHoops...............SUCK IT JR!
Nice lighter :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:24 PM 07-03-2012
Hehe, it IS....I first used this method to get myself three La Gloria Cubana lighters. When it came time again,
I got two Hoyo lighters. I recently picked up one macanudo lighter, and this week I got two of the Punch lighters.
They are heavy, durable, elegant and furthermore, they work great. I really DO NEED to give these to the people
I actually bought them for. But everytime I ask, they tell me, I WANT FREE CIGARS. So I kept their lighters.

But again, carry on, I KNOW a lot of people really hate the company. I think if they were REALLY EVIL though,
they would not allow me to use a 45 dollar box of cigars to get one of these lighters....but they DID....TWICE.

I don't think I worded it clearly in my first lighter story reply. I bought TWO boxes of cigars and got TWO lighters.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:29 PM 07-03-2012
I like their RP cigar things with 16 stick in there and you have a nice wall decoration for your man cave
[Reply]
OLS 10:05 PM 07-03-2012
Lil bit of genius there, I must agree. Never seen one up close, and apart from the first few types of Indian Tabac,
never had any kind of Rocky cigar.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up