Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Terminator: Salvation
Skywalker 12:10 PM 06-10-2009
I just watched this one yesterday!!!

I thought it was very entertaining!!! If you like futuristic action films this is the one for you!!!

I thought it fit in with the other Terminator movies. Not as good as T: 2 but better than the third one!!!

I like how it was tied into the other movies.

The Marcus Wright character was my favorite!!! He seems more of a hero than John Connor IMHO!!!

Any thoughts???

[Reply]
themoneycollector 12:12 PM 06-10-2009
I love the Terminator franchise, I'm suprised at how much of a wuss John Connor has come across in the movies and tv show.

Haven't seen Salvation yet, but was hoping this one would change that perception.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:16 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:
I love the Terminator franchise, I'm suprised at how much of a wuss John Connor has come across in the movies and tv show.

Haven't seen Salvation yet, but was hoping this one would change that perception.
Good point!!!

They tried to make him more heroic in this one!!!

One complaint about Christian Bale... He should not be allowed to use his deep "Batman" voice in movies!!!
:-)
[Reply]
akakirby 12:23 PM 06-10-2009
I can't decide if I should see this in the theater or wait for the dvd.... what say you?
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:26 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by akakirby:
I can't decide if I should see this in the theater or wait for the dvd.... what say you?
I have avoided the theaters like the plague until the last month... These movies (Wolverine, Star Trek, and Terminator) are way too tempting to pass up!!! Movies just seem better in a theater.

Go when the kiddies and teens aren't around!!! :-)

[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:32 PM 06-10-2009
You have to remember, John Connor was always a very reluctant hero. He never wanted to be put in that situation so it seems right, to me, to have another character that is more "heroic" in nature.

This one should be seen in the theatre, imo.
[Reply]
Ironfreak 04:55 PM 06-10-2009
Loved the movie..

Thought it was really good until the end.. The twist at the end was sort of lame..
[Reply]
ucla695 05:31 PM 06-10-2009
I liked this movie. Good suspense and action. Well worth the coin. :-)

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
This one should be seen in the theatre, imo.
:-) Totally agree! Big screen...big sound. :-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 12:14 PM 06-11-2009
hm cant wait to see it..
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:33 PM 11-24-2009
December 1, 2009 DVD and Blu-Ray Release!!!
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:07 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
December 1, 2009 DVD and Blu-Ray Release!!!
:-)Today's the day!!!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:41 PM 12-04-2009
Saw this one the other night on PPV. Did anyone think that Christian Bale was doing his best to impersonate Keanu Reeves in this film? I loved the movie, but it seemed that Keanu could have done just as well as Bale in this role. Despite the Keanu impression, I liked this film better than both part two and three. It seemed to fit quite well with the first film.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 12:09 PM 12-08-2009
Saw this one this past weekend. I thought it was awesome. Great special effects, good action flick. The flow of the movie was great although a bit predictable on Marcus.

I thought the producer did an awesome job of showing us how deadly the machines were and the difficulties of the resistance to stay together and fight. The tie-ins with the previous films was good as well.
[Reply]
TheBeard 12:26 PM 12-08-2009
Salvation had the same problems that so many other recent movies have had: The main character of the movie was someone we don't care anything about.

Transformers: Shia le-WHOCARESABOUTYOUIWANTTOSEEOPTIMUS!
Live Free or Die Hard: The "I'm a Mac" guy. Go away.
Salvation: That guy who's not John Connor.

Nice special effects, but unreasonable writing, construction, and continuity. I will agree that the picture of the future was well-painted; it was grim and gritty, and you saw the resistance truly fighting against these deadly robots. The problem was that this was tangential to the storyline!

I'm glad I brought my flask to the theater when I saw this movie. :-)
[Reply]
TheBeard 12:27 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Saw this one the other night on PPV. Did anyone think that Christian Bale was doing his best to impersonate Keanu Reeves in this film? I loved the movie, but it seemed that Keanu could have done just as well as Bale in this role. Despite the Keanu impression, I liked this film better than both part two and three. It seemed to fit quite well with the first film.
You mean for the whole 15 minutes that Bale was on camera? :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:24 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by TheBeard:
Salvation had the same problems that so many other recent movies have had: The main character of the movie was someone we don't care anything about.

Transformers: Shia le-WHOCARESABOUTYOUIWANTTOSEEMEGANFOX!
Live Free or Die Hard: The "I'm a Mac" guy. Go away.
Salvation: That guy who's not John Connor.
Fixed it for ya :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:31 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
:-)
[Reply]
TheBeard 02:12 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
At least Megan Fox kept her mouth shut.

I don't say this to me misogynistic or anything of that nature; I'm simply referring to that hacker chick in the movie (Rachel Taylor, I think). I went very :-) and :-) and :-) when she referred to Fourier transforms as Fourier "transfers." Booooooo. All your hotness is now null and void.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:45 PM 12-08-2009
I enjoyed this movie.
[Reply]
Up