Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>My new worst cigar...
larryinlc 08:55 PM 06-02-2009
I purchased a box of Camacho Corojo 11/18. You know, the ones with the bulge in the middle. Something like 48x54x48. I've gone thru about 8 so far, and not one burns well. Once they hit the middle bulge, all heck breaks loose. They almost explode. I'm not sure why they're rolled this way, but it doesn't work in my opinion. Maybe I just got a bad box, but I'll never buy these sticks again. Taste is okay, but nothing exceptional and they're just too much work to smoke.:-) I always like to try something once, but once is enough with these.

Larry
[Reply]
tobii3 09:05 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
They almost explode.
That sounds like a SERIOUS humidity issue. JMHO, of course.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:08 PM 06-02-2009
To each their own brother. I personally like these cigars a lot. Hope they aren't really exploding lol
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:09 PM 06-02-2009
Dry box 'em, sounds like for quite some time :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:18 PM 06-02-2009
48 x 54 x 48?

[Reply]
larryinlc 09:22 PM 06-02-2009
They burn just fine for the first inch or so, but once they hit the expanded middle, they go nuts. They split like crazy. Never seen anything like this before. Maybe this is just a case of my maduro bias showing thru. When the box arrived, I had to throw two out right away. They were badly damaged in the sealed box. A bad omen from the beginning that should have thrown up a red flag. Still, I'll smoke the rest before I pass total judgement. Possibly I'll let them sit in the humidor for a few months.

A smoke I may not like is still better than no smoke at all.:-)

Larry
[Reply]
markem 09:23 PM 06-02-2009
Dude. You lead a seriously sheltered life if these are your new worst cigar. Ask Darrell, I'm sure he'll be happy to send you a rebanded Cremosa that will knock your socks off. :-)

I've not heard of this specific problem with this cigar, so I'd try dry boxing them for different lengths of time to see if that helped.

Bummer of an experience though. Hope it improves.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:25 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
48 x 54 x 48?

Bro...that is hilarious! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:19 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
Dude. You lead a seriously sheltered life if these are your new worst cigar. Ask Darrell, I'm sure he'll be happy to send you a rebanded Cremosa that will knock your socks off. :-)

I've not heard of this specific problem with this cigar, so I'd try dry boxing them for different lengths of time to see if that helped.

Bummer of an experience though. Hope it improves.
Hahaha Darrell was nice enough to hand me of those sweet babies at the Sacramento Herf.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 12:06 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
48 x 54 x 48?

Definitely over humidified! :-)
[Reply]
Up