Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Reserva Miraflor - It's a small world
Patron 06:50 PM 05-29-2009
I had a really pleasant afternoon today thanks to Andy Madera and his Reserva Miraflor cigars.

I've noticed the great reviews and press these cigars have been getting lately and I decided to PM Andy and find out where I could get some. He responded to my PM asking what my location was so he could see if there was a B&M in my area that carried them. As it turned out my location is in the Chicago West suburbs and he happened to be in Chicago on business for his cigar company. He said he had some samples with him and would be more than glad to meet me somewhere so I could try them out. I know the B&M I frequent most often doesn't carry them so we decided to meet there and he could talk to the owner at the same time.

What a nice guy he was when he showed up, he brought a box of Toro's and after checking with the owner shared them with everyone there. The cigar was great, it's everything the reviews say it is. I'm not much to write reviews but the cigar was exceptionally good, medium/full bodied, with a little pepper at the beginning, turning very smooth and creamy, the burn was perfect all the way with lots of thick smoke.

His company is coming out with a new milder cigar and I know why.....Andy's a light weight...... I think he got a buzz from the Reserva Miraflor

Thanks Andy for such a nice afternoon, it was a pleasure meeting you and good luck with the business.
[Reply]
G G 06:53 PM 05-29-2009
:-)
[Reply]
markem 06:53 PM 05-29-2009
Let one sti for about 6 months and then experience the spice bomb that it really is. I'm still sitting on one of the oldest from when they first came out, but the lanceros became quite full bodied after I had the box a while.
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:54 AM 05-30-2009
Originally Posted by Patron:
His company is coming out with a new milder cigar and I know why.....Andy's a light weight...... I think he got a buzz from the Reserva Miraflor
:-):-):-)

Ya know Andy really is a lightweight, thankfully his sales manager isn't :-)

Glad you enjoyed them :-)
[Reply]
colimo 01:19 AM 05-30-2009
good review....and good report on Andy....sounds like a great botl
[Reply]
TripleF 06:59 AM 05-30-2009
Thanks for sharing!! I'm a H-U-G-E fan of RM !!

Looking forward to the smoker/event we'll be having @ Blue Smoke!! :-)
[Reply]
Pmagus 09:53 AM 05-30-2009
Andy IS a great guy. AND a lightweight. I spent a few days at his factory with him and FORCED him to smoke his first 10 cigars---all in one day. Was fun to watch him wrestle with THAT
[Reply]
rizzle 09:57 AM 05-30-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
Let one sti for about 6 months and then experience the spice bomb that it really is. I'm still sitting on one of the oldest from when they first came out, but the lanceros became quite full bodied after I had the box a while.
I was given one of these last November, I think pretty soon after they were first released, not exactly sure. Anyway, smoked it just a couple of weeks ago and I agree, a lot more spice to it than I was expecting. I need to get my hands on a few of the lanceros, mine was a robusto.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:16 PM 05-30-2009
I was just gifted one of these by Mr. TrippleF, and I really cant wait to try it...
[Reply]
poriggity 10:57 AM 05-31-2009
Sound really tasty, and sounds like a fun time!
Scott
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:14 PM 05-31-2009
I bought a sampler off of Andy a while back. I loved them then. Now, they are even better :-)
[Reply]
Up