Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Salt Lake City recommendations?
thebiglebowski 10:44 AM 04-29-2009
yep, el duderino is going to be hitting the road again. in addition to... india, will probably be heading to salt lake in a bit.

any good places for a cocktail and a smoke?
[Reply]
rizzle 12:39 PM 04-29-2009
I'd try to look her up...

:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 01:48 PM 04-29-2009
Don't know about the cigar shops but there is a good brew pub and brewery on Main Street in Park City. It's called Wasatch Brew Pub and they make some interesting beer and ales. I really liked their "Polygamy Porter" You can also by it by the six pack but unless you buy it as a state liquour store or on a military base, you can only get the low octane stuff.

There are also a couple of other brew pubs in Salt Lake that I heard about while my son was living in Utah. Squatters Brew Pub and and think the other one was named The Bayou. Squatters is owned by Salt Lake City Brewery and also produces some interesting beers and ales.

I sampled more than a few from Wasatch and Salt Lake City Brewery when I was in Utah last summer. The only problem I had with them is that I don't think they ship out of state.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 11:04 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Don't know about the cigar shops but there is a good brew pub and brewery on Main Street in Park City. It's called Wasatch Brew Pub and they make some interesting beer and ales. I really liked their "Polygamy Porter" You can also by it by the six pack but unless you buy it as a state liquour store or on a military base, you can only get the low octane stuff.

There are also a couple of other brew pubs in Salt Lake that I heard about while my son was living in Utah. Squatters Brew Pub and and think the other one was named The Bayou. Squatters is owned by Salt Lake City Brewery and also produces some interesting beers and ales.

I sampled more than a few from Wasatch and Salt Lake City Brewery when I was in Utah last summer. The only problem I had with them is that I don't think they ship out of state.
thanks, mac - can you enjoy a smoke at these places?
[Reply]
macpappy 03:10 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
thanks, mac - can you enjoy a smoke at these places?
Probably not.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 03:11 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Probably not.
awesome...
[Reply]
ZenSilk 04:02 PM 04-30-2009
Red Rock is my favorite, it's dowtown, great beer. :-)

Salt Lake Pasta and Pizza is also a nice little joint on 13th south and 11th East, not a brewery but great food (Pulled Pork Pizza, oh jesus...).

And the best shop, now, is definitely Jeanie's Smoke Shop on 156 S State St, also downtown. I would definitely hit up Wasatch in Park City if you get the chance, the wait when you get there is well worth it.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 12:51 PM 06-02-2009
resurrecting this thread... heading to salt lake city. couple of questions:

- can you smoke in bars in Utah (or clubs)?
- if not, are there any outside venues that i can smoke at?

any help is appreciated!
[Reply]
Up