Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Magna Colorado extraordinario
Don Fernando 02:48 AM 01-04-2011
I smoked quite a few Casa Magna recently, like the torito, the pikito, the oscuro robusto and some time ago the 2008 cigar of the year, the robusto. Now I reviewed the latest Casa Magna to arrive in The Netherlands, the Colorado Extraordinario, a 7⅝x58 figurado which has a 6 euro price tag in The Netherlands.

The cigar has a medium dark, oily and shiny wrapper with some veins. The construction feels good and I smell a strong barnyard smell. The predraw is fine and mild spicy.

I taste a lot of pepper and wood with a tiny bit of coffee and a hint of dark chocolate. The flavors are dry and the combination is a bit weird but nice. The aftertaste is full of herbal flavors and pepper with some dark chocolate.

After a third I taste some coffee and earthy flavors with herbs and again, dark chocolate. Halfway I taste cedar and chocolate with herbs. The cigar slowly gains some strength. After two thirds I taste herbs, quite spicy and some pepper.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. I had to correct the burn a few times though in the beginning. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I already did

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:50 AM 01-04-2011
i've like the colorado's that i have smoked.

not a big fan of the oscuro.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:56 AM 01-04-2011
Nice review, Ferdie!
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:29 AM 01-04-2011
Nice review. Have not seen this size before.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 11:03 AM 01-04-2011
Great review. Ill definately try one of these if I can find it.
[Reply]
bajaraider 09:12 AM 01-11-2011
I have not smoked this size, but I have loved the Colorados that I have tried!
[Reply]
Up