Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Illusione Burn churchill
quantim0 07:27 PM 01-03-2011
Intro: this blend is exclusive to Rocky Patels new lounge in Naples, "Burn". They can only be purchased from the lounge in person. I got the Churchill on Brooks recommendation, as I trust his opinions. I happened to be in Ft Myers for Christmas visiting family. I made a trip to Burn just to purchase these. The lounge itself was very nice and worth the trip if you are in the area. This is my second public review, I hope you enjoy.

Price: $10.25

Purchased: 12/26

Pre-light: beautiful wrapper and construction as always from Illusione. Nice reddish hue to the wrapper and it has minimal veins, perfect triple cap.

The prep: punched with my Xikar and toasted with my Xikar EX.

First third: nice hit of spice through the nose, not black pepper, more of a cinnamon/nutmeg tingle Sweet tobacco finish. Large volume of smoke with little effort. Salt and pepper ash. Spice fading to a toasty tobacco finish. Towards the end of the third, a little more of the toasty flavor and leather is coming through, very enjoyable start, very smooth flavors. Salt and pepper ash, a bit flaky, but holds for almost an inch.

Second third: leather coming to the front, spice almost gone. Leather starting to dominate. Minimal spice through the nose. Spice starting to increase on finish. Going out a little, quick relight and back on track. Still producing tons of smoke. Nutty flavor appearing.

Final third: flavor strengthening, no major changes. Perfect burn for the duration. Ash still flakey, but holding well. Leather dominating.*Final third a continuation of the first.

Conclusion: good smoke from Illusione yet again. I would like a little more complexity and definition of flavor. I'll be resting these for 6 months or so and revisit to see what has changed.

Score: 90
[Reply]
T.G 07:29 PM 01-03-2011
Thanks for the review.

I know these cigars are exclusive to the Rocky Patel Burn lounge, but do you happen to know the price point of the cigars?
[Reply]
quantim0 07:35 PM 01-03-2011
They are $10.25 each for the Churchill. I think the other vitolas were within a few cents.
[Reply]
cigarlvr 07:42 PM 01-03-2011
Thanks for the review looks like a great one
[Reply]
T.G 07:49 PM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Thanks for the review.

I know these cigars are exclusive to the Rocky Patel Burn lounge, but do you happen to know the price point of the cigars?
Nevermind. Looks like you edited the review to include pricing and location info along with some pictures after I posted.

Originally Posted by quantim0:
They are $10.25 each for the Churchill. I think the other vitolas were within a few cents.
Thanks.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:55 PM 01-03-2011
Sweet review!!!:-)

Looks like one for the wish list!!!

[Reply]
kelmac07 10:01 PM 01-03-2011
Nice review...thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
ajacobs 02:24 PM 01-05-2011
Makes me want to make my way to Florida.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 02:32 PM 01-05-2011
Love the Illusiones!
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 03:04 PM 01-05-2011
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
UPHOTO 09:33 PM 01-06-2011
Or you can make a trip to Reno, NV and pick some up from his store. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:19 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by UPHOTO:
Or you can make a trip to Reno, NV and pick some up from his store. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:53 PM 01-06-2011
So then they are not exclusive to the rocky lounge in florida and be gotten from his shop?
[Reply]
longknocker 03:51 AM 01-07-2011
Great Review, Andrew!:-):-)
[Reply]
UPHOTO 08:39 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
So then they are not exclusive to the rocky lounge in florida and be gotten from his shop?
Yep.
[Reply]
Up