Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente Sun Grown rosado magnum R58
Don Fernando 02:10 PM 01-01-2011
As you may know, or not as I don't have any idea how many people read my reviews and pay attention to them and my likings, I love rosado wrappers. I was thrilled when Arturo Fuente decided to release a new line of sun grown rosado wrapped cigars en even more excited when I learned that they came to the Netherlands. I smoked the Arturo Fuente Sun grown rosado magnum r52 and the Arturo Fuente Sun grown rosado magnum r54 before and now it was time to smoke and review the Arturo Fuente Sun grown rosado magnum r58, the latest addition to the line up here in The Netherlands. The cigar has a price tag of €9.50

The Arturo Fuente Sun grown rosado magnum r58 is a belicoso with a blunt top, 5¼ inch long with a ring of 58. The wrapper is lovely, has a reddish shine to it and contains lots of small veins. The cigar has a distinctive chocolate smell. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. The predraw leaves a raisin flavor in my mouth.

I taste a mild sour earthy flavor with some pepper, the flavors are more spicy than I expected, but the spiciness fades away quickly, what remains is some herbs. After half an inch I taste wood and herbs, with a sweetness and the sour flavor I tasted before.

After two inch I taste some coffee with the flavors I mentioned before and after a third I also get some chocolate. After two thirds I taste a little more sweet and sour, with some wood and herbs. All the other flavors are gone.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and a half. I got a decent amount of thick smoke. The draw is great. The silvergray ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied. I had to correct the burn a few times

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
ajacobs 03:19 PM 01-01-2011
Great review. I have been meaning to pick up a box of the magnum r's but 58rg might be too much for me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:33 PM 01-01-2011
Nice review...this is one stick I didn't enjoy.
[Reply]
Up