Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Help with Cubans and aging
Jbailey 01:22 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
BTW,
I call out BS to anyone that thinks Cubans get better with age.

Just wait until after 50.
High cholesterol
High blood pressure
Kidney stones

.......and that is just skimming the surface.:-)
Plus your always plugged Carlos. :-)

It's hard to pick not knowing what you like.
For something to smoke now I would agree on the Monte#4's over the PSD4. If you are going to put them away for 3-5 years (or more) I would lean more towards the PSD4.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 01:39 PM 04-13-2010
I'm going to go against the grain and say grab the PSD4. I have much less than a box of TEB 08 and every one has been outstanding. The Monte 4 seems more inconsistent (at least to me).

I think the key is, ask your vendor what is smoking good right now. Tell them what you're thinking. Have them open and select a box for you. They may have an even better suggestion based on what they see day in and day out.

Hope you get a "cracker" box of whatever you decide.

Edit again to say: as far as aging, start with something that has potential. I don't believe 10 years will turn around a rancid cigar.
[Reply]
Patrick B 10:56 PM 04-13-2010
Thanks everyone for your good points! Probably going to get both and share with a few buddies so I'll have some of each. :-)
[Reply]
tupacboy 11:05 PM 04-13-2010
good choice on getting both... you can never get enough... i went from 12 cigars to well over 300 in a matter of weeks...
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:25 PM 04-13-2010
Had a PSD4 from '94 and '95 last month. Both were AWESOME!

+1 for PSD4 aging :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:02 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Thanks everyone for your good points! Probably going to get both and share with a few buddies so I'll have some of each. :-)
Sweet :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 01:38 AM 04-23-2010
PSD4's in route. Can't wait.
[Reply]
357 11:36 AM 04-23-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
PSD4's in route. Can't wait.
You'll enjoy them I'm sure. If not, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding anyone to take them off your hands. LOL
[Reply]
Blueface 01:02 PM 04-23-2010
I am telling you guys over and over and you just don't seem to understand.

This Cuban aging crap is so, so overrated.

This freaking week, H1N1, coupled with a kidney stone of all other things that could have happened, and then throw in putting your buddy down to sleep and this aged Cuban was a mess. In fact, I would have much preferred to be young or ROTT instead. I think I could have handled it better that way. So...............fresh is awesome at times, specially once you get old and realize being fresh is long lost story.:-)

You can always get old. You can't always get young.

If you happen to get old and by luck "get young", well, there is a term for that..................dirty old man.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:10 PM 04-23-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:

If you happen to get old and by luck "get young", well, there is a term for that..................dirty old man.

I've heard it called "lucky bastard" as well :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:11 PM 04-23-2010
Congrats on your 1st box purchase!
[Reply]
Druid_Geek 02:10 PM 04-23-2010
Congrats P.B.! Hopefully this is just the start of many, many more to come! Let us know what you think of them when your ready!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up