Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
All Cigar Discussion>CAO Reviews?
mad4maduro 06:13 AM 04-11-2010
oh boy...CAO - I am a huge fan. In my personal experience, one of the most consistent brands out there. Brazilia remains my favorite line - I am partial to a spicy, peppery full bodied smoke that bites my lips before I even bring flame to foot. mmmmmmm...Brazilia Samba....Also, if I am in the mood for something more mellow, the Gold is very good (not especially multi-dimensional but yummy nonetheless) and the Criollo is buttery smooth and mild (love these). Back to the more bold - I enjoy the Sopranos line - the new LaTriviata is a good solid smoke that is not as spicy and bold as the Brazilia or Sopranos but sort of middle of the road in that regard - Another very good smoke......anyhow....bottom line - although some are a bit overpriced (imo) - CAO is one my favorite domestic smokes. Smoke on, my friend
[Reply]
Mpython24 09:46 PM 04-15-2010
Hey Guys. Does anyone know if the Lx2s tend to be a little dry or not? I have a couple that just feel really hard.
[Reply]
Knip23 10:36 PM 04-15-2010
CAO Italia is by far the best i think nice flavor all the way through very smooth. CAO Sapranos would never buy again was a waste of 13 bucks HORRIBLE
[Reply]
macpappy 05:39 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mpython24:
Hey Guys. Does anyone know if the Lx2s tend to be a little dry or not? I have a couple that just feel really hard.
I've had about 10 or 12 LX2's. Haven't noticed the problem. I keep them stored at 65RH.

I still like the MX2s also.

Haven't tried some of the others because of the prices.
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 09:19 AM 04-16-2010
I like the L'Anniversaire Maduro, CX2 and MX2 quite a bit. The MX2's need time in the humi before you smoke 'em, though.

I have a bunch of the World Selection sticks I haven't smoked yet, along with a really cool (and rare) CAO Columbia Escaparate that a buddy of mine gifted me. This summer, I think I'm going to have a CAO week.
[Reply]
Mpython24 10:16 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro:
This summer, I think I'm going to have a CAO week.
That is a great idea! I had an Italia the other night, really enjoyed it. I think a CAO is defiantly in the works for tonight at some point. Gold Maduro or an Lx2...
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 10:24 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mpython24:
That is a great idea! I had an Italia the other night, really enjoyed it. I think a CAO is defiantly in the works for tonight at some point. Gold Maduro or an Lx2...
Hmm...how about a CAO International week, with a different beer (or ale) paired with the same country's cigar?

I wish we lived closer; this has tremendous herf potential! :-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 10:27 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro:
Hmm...how about a CAO International week, with a different beer (or ale) paired with the same country's cigar?

I wish we lived closer; this has tremendous herf potential! :-)
now you got me thinking. That would be an epic week for me. I'll be in Pennsylvania during the summer months. :-)
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 10:30 AM 04-16-2010
PM me when you get close; maybe we can figure something out.

And to keep this on topic, the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro I'm smoking right now is tasty, but it's dumping ash like crazy. I think it's a bit underhumidified, though.
[Reply]
mad4maduro 10:51 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Knip23:
CAO Italia is by far the best i think nice flavor all the way through very smooth. CAO Sapranos would never buy again was a waste of 13 bucks HORRIBLE
Good call - I have had mostly great experiences w/ Sopranos myself BUT i would never spend 13 bucks on one. I am one of those smokers that have found PLENTY of great smokes for well under 13 bucks and will likely not be spending 13 bucks on a stick anytime in the near future given the tremendous quality available to me for less. I have smoked expensive cigars and have gifted them to others and will occasionally splurge i am sure...but not on a Soprano!
[Reply]
Mpython24 12:12 PM 04-24-2010
CAO Lx2 last night. Very very very good.
[Reply]
cigarz 09:19 AM 04-25-2010
If you like the Gold, I think you will like the CX2. Not that strong (I'm a mild-medium kinda' guy) and I like Cameroon.

My :-) anyway.

Mike
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up