Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Spots in Key West
SteveH 03:15 PM 06-05-2011
Gents,
So...looks like I got a surprise vacation coming up in the Keys :-)
We'll be spending a night in MIA before heading down...Suggestions on where are some good cigar spots ? I know MIA has places all over; not sure what's best....Or if there's anything down in the Keys.

Thanks !
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:44 PM 06-05-2011
Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.
Madurofan is the manager.
[Reply]
Ogre 03:56 PM 06-05-2011
In Key West, I have been in the Key West Cigar Club on Duval St. Here is there link:
http://www.sunsetcigar.com/
[Reply]
longknocker 03:57 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
:-) Great Place! Ask For Bill.
[Reply]
SteveH 04:12 PM 06-05-2011
Wow - good stuff !
[Reply]
Drez 04:16 PM 06-05-2011
Man the keys is great. Besides the hotel room we just go in blind and walk around and find things.
[Reply]
Remo 04:47 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
Man the keys is great. Besides the hotel room we just go in blind and walk around and find things.
:-) Duval Street is fun, and just walking around is :-), Southernmost Choppers I think that's what it's called, go check out the poloroid's on the wall :-)
[Reply]
Drez 05:03 PM 06-05-2011
Sloppy joes is a cool bar and so is ricks.
[Reply]
chachee52 06:46 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Highly recomended!!! got married down the street and stopped in there a few times while I was down there. Very friendly and great sticks

In Key West there is a bar call Cork and Stogie. As the name suggests it's an Wine and Cigar bar. Music almost every night and a great porch. It's toward the Southern Most Point end of the island.
I actually hit each of the little cigar booths along Duval St and bought a few from each. No bad ones yet!! Also The Conch Republic factory is right down my the warfs as well. That was a cool place to visit.

Enjoy!!!
[Reply]
SteveH 06:58 PM 06-05-2011
Thanks guys !

As I said - this was an unexpected trip (good woman eh ?) - 80+ work weeks have been kicking my a$$...So really really needed and appreciated.

I'll be sure to post pics from all these places.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:11 PM 06-05-2011
Stop at Robbies in Islamorada on your way down and hand feed the tarpon, a truly unique experience :-)
[Reply]
Conch Republican 03:58 PM 06-06-2011
Great Cuban place down there, you should do Mallory Square at sunset...it's awesome! I like the Hogs Breath and of. Ours...MARGARITAVILLE!!!!!
[Reply]
Tio Gato 05:57 PM 06-06-2011
Have a beer for me at Captain Tony's. Love that bar. Lots of little cigar places, stop at all of them.

A really touristy thing to do is the Conch Train tour. It's a little hokey, but it will give you a great sense of where everything is located. Be sure to get some Key Lime pie.

Be sure to take your time driving to Key West. The drive is perfect for a nice cigar while you take in the views. Have fun!
[Reply]
Wanger 07:08 AM 06-07-2011
El Mason de pepe had great food, as did El Siboney. Blue Heaven had pretty decent island food, as well.

As for cigars, the best place I had some from was from the Key West Cigar Club. Got a couple house blends that were quite good (lancero and #2 torp size). :-)

And if you're a chilihead, you HAVE to stop in to Peppers of Key West. AWESOME selection of hot sauces there! Image

It is worth noting that it was ~4.5 years ago that I was down there, but it was memorable.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:19 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Stop at Robbies in Islamorada on your way down and hand feed the tarpon, a truly unique experience :-)
:-)

Feeding the tarpon was one of the cooler parts of my trip down that way (aside from the scuba, but that isn't fair to compare something else to that :-)). We had a group of guys, and the game was who could get the scratches the farthest up his arm :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up