Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Te-Amo world selection series Dominicana blend robusto
Don Fernando 09:34 PM 10-13-2011
The second cigar that I smoke from the Te-Amo world selection series is the Dominicana blend robusto. This box pressed cigar measures 5x54 and is made from Dominican filler with a San Andres binder and a Connecticut shade wrapper, which gives me the creeps as I hate Connecticut shade wrappers.

First thing I notice is that the band is glued straight this time. The light colored wrapper has quite some veins but is nicely finished. The construction feels good and I smell a strong hay and straw smell, it's like sitting on top of a haystack. The predraw is fine, just a bit musty.

I taste a sweet earthy flavor with a hint of coffee. The cigar is a bit harsh. The sweetness I taste is sugar while the earth flavor is strong. The coffee disappears. After an inch I taste hay with a sweet and peppery aftertaste and a mild bitter flavor, the harshness is gone too.

Halfway I taste a little acidic flavor with the hay and the mild bitterness. The cigar gets a bit harsh again, but not so harsh that it becomes unpleasant. The sweetness slowly gains strength.

This cigar lasted me an hour and ten minutes. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke, which was a bit thin though. I had to correct the burn. The firm ash is quite dark. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I liked the Cuba blend a bit better

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Up