Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cabaiguan question
RevSmoke 08:04 PM 07-28-2009
OK, I am looking for those who have had both the Cabaiguan Robusto Extra and the Guapo RX.

I have had the former but not the latter. So...

How do they compare?
Do you have one which you prefer?

Thanks.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 08:15 PM 07-28-2009
For me, the Guapo RX has a bit more bite to it. A little spicier and a little stronger IMO.

Both are great smokes though.:-)
[Reply]
Silound 09:07 PM 07-28-2009
Both cigars have the same filler IIRC, but the Guapos line has a sungrown wrapper and the regular line has an Ecuadorian-grown shade wrapper.

The Guapos line will have more spice in the mouth, but it overshadows the subtle flavors of the filler mix sometimes. The Robusto Extra will be smoother on the mouth, but you will find more subtle spice and peppery complexities on the aftertaste.

Overall, I like both, but I'm most partial to the Guapos Guapos size (largest) and the Cabaiguan Corona Extra size. To me, those are the two that offer the most flavor and allow for you to experience the difference the wrapper has on the smoke.
[Reply]
TomHagen 12:09 AM 07-29-2009
Guapos are better. In all vitolas. Hands down.
[Reply]
alley00p 01:01 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
Overall, I like both, but I'm most partial to the Guapos Guapos size (largest) and the Cabaiguan Corona Extra size. To me, those are the two that offer the most flavor and allow for you to experience the difference the wrapper has on the smoke.
I agree! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
rrplasencia 05:57 AM 07-29-2009
i prefer the bigger ring gauge
[Reply]
rizzle 02:02 PM 07-29-2009
Silound pretty much nailed it, IMO. I prefer the RE over the Guapo but my favorite is the Corona Extra, followed closely by the Petite. Of course that could be subject to change when I get around to the maduro.

Something about the Cabaiguan flavor profile that hits me just right. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but I love them. I think it is by far my favorite non-cuban brand.
[Reply]
NorcalMark 04:43 PM 08-01-2009
All the guapos are fantasitc. In particular the guapo. 5.5 x 54

Yummy!!!
[Reply]
Up