Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Belmondo cigars?
TheBeard 01:02 PM 07-27-2009
Belmondo seems to be a Thompson house brand. Has anyone smoked any of these cigars, in particular the maduros? Anyone have any information to share about them?
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 01:34 PM 07-27-2009
I had a few but don't remember anything good about them, or really anything at all. I think I have one not sure if it is a maddie or not I will smoke it and let you know.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:47 PM 07-27-2009
I seem to remember in my feeble mind that Belmondo was a house brand of Holt's a long long time ago. Made by the Fuentes, sold in bundles, the cigar had a wrapper that was very old. One of those, "we found bundles of wrappers in the warehouse" kinda thing. I remember smoking a few that I bought at the store in Philly. Not bad, not great.

The Thompson website claimes that it is made by the finest manufacturer in the DR. Maybe they now own the brand and the Fuentes do make it. Or they own the brand and it's crap, like most Thompson house brands.:-)

I'll try to find the original Belmondo that I think I remember. It's tough getting old.:-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:24 PM 07-27-2009
Opps, I think I may be thinking of Ramondo. I can't do a search because I've got chicken burning on the grill and just lit a wicked old Avo Domaine,
I've never seen such yellow cello.:-)
[Reply]
Up