Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Ambos Mundos - Tatuaje
TheRiddick 09:07 PM 07-24-2009
Found them to be one dimensional and not worth the money.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:09 PM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Found them to be one dimensional and not worth the money.
I agree with the 1-dimensional, but at around 5 bucks this is a decent cigar.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:43 PM 07-24-2009
I can't keep up with these either. I like Pete's cigars, but for the price, I feel there's better value to be found in cigars (with greater complexity) produced on a particular island. :-)
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 10:41 PM 07-24-2009
I've smoked both and they aren't bad for the price.
[Reply]
bigloo 10:51 PM 07-24-2009
Not a big fan of these. I tried one a few days ago and it did not do it for me. For a cheaper PJ cigar I would hit the Series P. Still, it was a quality made smoke, just not my cup of tea.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:11 PM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Not a big fan of these. I tried one a few days ago and it did not do it for me. For a cheaper PJ cigar I would hit the Series P. Still, it was a quality made smoke, just not my cup of tea.
The P is now discontinued, Ambos Mundos replaced them.
[Reply]
bigloo 12:07 AM 07-25-2009
The p definately cheapened the tatuaje name... probably a very good move for the PJ marketing machine:-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:30 AM 07-25-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I agree with the 1-dimensional, but at around 5 bucks this is a decent cigar.
When I can buy 601 Habanos and DPG Black at roughly $4 a stick, Ambos Mundo are actually a pretty bad buy in my book.
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:47 AM 07-25-2009
When I can buy 601 Habanos and DPG Black at roughly $4 a stick, Ambos Mundo are actually a pretty bad buy in my book.
I was looking forward to these for sure what with the EcSu wrapper, but when Cubao, 601, and some of the DPG stuff coming in under 4.00 a stick through some of the deals available, they don't seem worth it.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:55 AM 07-25-2009
The P series was discontinued?
[Reply]
BFallehy 03:45 PM 07-25-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:

Discontinued? I will have to go out and get some of these.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:50 PM 07-26-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
The P series was discontinued?
Yes.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:13 PM 07-26-2009
If I could get those cigars at that price regularly I would agree with you.
[Reply]
duckmanco 11:43 PM 07-26-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
If I could get those cigars at that price regularly I would agree with you.
ahhhh but you can.... I've said it here before, but yes its at Thompson Cigar, which will as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow start the flaming about the companies questionable practices in grave detail..... annoying sales calls, extra catalogs, screwed up orders, murdered mothers etc... but I did this very order 3 times and HAD NO ISSUES (back when it was 59.00 for 4 5 packs). All the 601 lines POST SCHIP for 4.00 a pop is damn good. Yeah, its a gamble, but if you give them a BS phone number, you never hear from them. Someone will tell you your nuts if you go for it, even with all that said. My :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 12:51 AM 07-27-2009
The no. 1 just got a 90 in the other CA.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:12 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
So it is true. I heard someone at the shop say that. Makes sense. Is this a short filler medium filler stick also then? I remember thinking it was better than a P.

While I agree with the CC Black being a better deal at 4.00 thats not B&M price. It is nice to support the B&M sometimes. I think the 601 red is a bad stick and will leave it at that.
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 09:07 AM 07-27-2009
I had a couple of the A.M. in the sumatra variety when they first came out and they were awesome. I tried some a couple weeks ago, and they were so-so. This is a long filler smoke, made with grade B & C tobaccos. IMO, there are much better Pepin-made budget smokes...I really like the Tabacos Baez Serie SF.
[Reply]
JJG 10:59 AM 07-27-2009
well, I must say I wasn't disappointed by the Ambos Mundos I smoked on Friday. It was pretty much what I expected. Excellent flavor/ burn, not much complexity, but totally worth my $5.00.

The taste was similar to a Padron, only better. Very smooth and sweet with a little cocoa. while not as good as a '64 obviously, I would buy these hands down over the Padron thousand line.

It's true that there are better deals to be had from a certain island, but if you're at the local b&m and just looking to pick up a good solid smoke for less than $6.00, I'd definitely recommend trying an Ambos Mundos.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up