Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Rocky Patel Renaissance Toro
tuxpuff 03:32 PM 10-13-2009
Size - 6 x 52
Wrapper - Ecuador
Filler - Nicaragua
Binder - Nicaragua

Firm feel to this cigar. Wrapper is kind of splotchy. Aroma is a musty tobacco and wood.

First third - Initially very light flavors of tobacco and wood. Slightly bitter aftertaste. Good draw. Dry feel on the palate with a short aftertaste. Smooths out somewhat after about one inch. Still holding a light flavor but moves into a primarily leather taste. Smooth nose exhale. Still a touch of bitterness on the aftertaste. Returns to a primarily tobacco flavor and the end of this third. Also the bitterness has disappeared.

Second third - Maintaining leather and tobacco flavors. Medium in strength. Even more smooth on the palate with a short aftertaste. Gaining some sweetness. Experiencing a spicy nose exhale.

Last third - Still leather and tobacco flavors and still holding a short aftertaste. Very slight peppery spice on the nose exhale. Near the end it quickly turns to roasted coffee and deep mocha flavors with a lingering aftertaste.

I'm a bit undecided on this smoke. The first third wasn't so great but the flavors eventually smoothed out into a consistent smoke. Burn was great throughout as was the draw. I'll need to try another one.

[Reply]
OHRD 05:29 PM 10-13-2009
Thanks for the review, I've been eyeing these. Would you compare them to any other RP's?
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:10 PM 10-13-2009
I have smoked more than a box of the toros in the past couple of months and really like them. Best regular production RP in a long time IMO. Give it another try.
[Reply]
njstone 07:39 PM 10-13-2009
Thanks for the review. I had the robusto last week and found that particular stick to have quite a bit of spice. Not sure if it was an anomaly or the size difference. I really loved it, actually.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 08:20 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
Thanks for the review, I've been eyeing these. Would you compare them to any other RP's?
I've not tried very many RP's...the vintages and the summer collection. I didn't find this to be like any of those.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:30 PM 10-13-2009
Nice review. I've strayed away from Rocky but this one seems to fit my flavor profile likes. Time to check them out!

MCS
[Reply]
Kreth 09:24 PM 10-13-2009
McSmokey bombed me with a Renaissance recently. Tasty smoke, but I've liked every RP stick I've tried so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OHRD 06:34 AM 10-14-2009
Since we're talking about RP's, stay away from the Fuma! I love RP but this is probably the worst cigar I've ever had, no kidding...
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:41 AM 10-14-2009
Thanks for the review...I'm really digging these lately. :-)
[Reply]
G G 07:05 AM 10-14-2009
I really liked one that Scott (FFF) gave me. Nice review.
[Reply]
Up