Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Padilla Miami old vs. new blend.
Totemic 11:14 AM 12-31-2008
Do these two have different bands?

If so, does anyone have a picture of the two bands?

I have a Padilla Miami in my humidor which has a band that I can't seem to find on the web. Best way I can describe the band I have is it's two colored background. Upper portion is a dark brown where the word Padilla is written in gold on a red oval with Miami and Fabrica De Tabaco is written in white ribbons around the red oval. The lower portion is white with I think someone's signature on it.

All the Padilla Miami bands I see on the web are black bands with the Padilla P in the center with the word Miami under it in red ribbon.

Are these two different bands representative of the two different blends?
[Reply]
wayner123 11:25 AM 12-31-2008
Does it look like any of these:

[Reply]
Totemic 11:33 AM 12-31-2008
No.
The second one I described is the band on the two torpedos in your picture.

But the first one I described (dark brown + white dual tone) is not in your picture. I just found the same band in CI's page:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-4KA&cat=3
[Reply]
Totemic 11:40 AM 12-31-2008
I'm hoping what I have is the new blend since I just finished one and it was a damn fine tasting cigar. If it's old blend, I'll be a very sad panda since I'm not sure I can find any more of them. :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:46 AM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Totemic:
I'm hoping what I have is the new blend since I just finished one and it was a damn fine tasting cigar. If it's old blend, I'll be a very sad panda since I'm not sure I can find any more of them. :-)
I would say that is the new band. The old band looked like the picture I put up above. I don't think it's a new blend, just rolled in another factory.
[Reply]
raider4life 12:35 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Does it look like any of these:

what is the name of the ones on the right of this pic (with the 2bands)

thanks

Josh

Happy Holidays and new years every1
[Reply]
Mark C 12:41 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by raider4life:
what is the name of the ones on the right of this pic (with the 2bands)

thanks

Josh

Happy Holidays and new years every1
That's the Padilla Capa Clara, a Thompson exclusive. On the mild side, but a pretty good smoke.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 12:46 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I would say that is the new band. The old band looked like the picture I put up above. I don't think it's a new blend, just rolled in another factory.
I heard they did change the blend since DPG and Padilla had parted ways. I could an probably am wrong but that is what I remember hearing a while ago. Either way I hope they are good since I liked the original.

T
[Reply]
silentjon 03:46 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
I heard they did change the blend since DPG and Padilla had parted ways. I could an probably am wrong but that is what I remember hearing a while ago. Either way I hope they are good since I liked the original.

T
I have yet to try the new blend, but the original Miami was a great cigar.
[Reply]
karmaz00 03:48 PM 12-31-2008
i have had the original, it was good. havent yet to try the new version
[Reply]
hurricane6 04:10 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Totemic:
That would be the new blend and band. My B&M has them. I believe AJ Fernandez is now blending the new Miamis- don't quote me on that. The new ones seem a little milder than the original, but still pretty tastey. IMHO.
[Reply]
hurricane6 08:15 PM 12-31-2008
This is the new one
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=442.
[Reply]
groogs 09:01 PM 12-31-2008
I didn't care for the original Miami blend very much, but the new blend it much better IMO.
[Reply]
Cigary 09:48 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:

T
My interest in this as well,,,if they did change the blend then I am going to be very sad if they don't keep the original taste. When you have a winner, why change things?
[Reply]
Cigary 09:50 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by groogs:
I didn't care for the original Miami blend very much, but the new blend it much better IMO.
Gosh, I hope you are right about this as I liked the last blend. So if what you say is correct, I am about to pull the trigger on this blend for sure. Maybe a 5 pak just to make sure.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 03:16 AM 01-01-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Gosh, I hope you are right about this as I liked the last blend. So if what you say is correct, I am about to pull the trigger on this blend for sure. Maybe a 5 pak just to make sure.
Remember, taste is a very personal thing so you may love the original and hate the new as someone else may hate the old and love the new...

I think the new blendings at Padilla has something to do with the Padilla/DPG split. I too liked the original but since I do like Padilla's I will tryyhe new stuff with an open mind as well.

T
[Reply]
Mark C 09:26 AM 01-01-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
I'm a big fan of Padilla but haven't gotten my hands on the new blends yet. The majority of the reviews and opinions I've read say the new blends are as good or better than the old. I wouldn't worry about the change. Reminds me a lot of the shake up in the rum world when Zaya moved to Trinidad. It's different sure, but it's still damn good.
[Reply]
raider4life 10:38 AM 01-01-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
That's the Padilla Capa Clara, a Thompson exclusive. On the mild side, but a pretty good smoke.
o nice thanks 4 the info, i might have to order some of these
[Reply]
smitdavi 01:06 PM 01-01-2009
I looked high and low to find a box of the old blended coronas. Love these babies. Have yet to try the new ones though
[Reply]
Up