Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Gunman at Discovery Channel taken down by snipers
Chainsaw13 03:19 PM 09-01-2010
SILVER SPRING, Md. – Police say they have shot an armed man who took three people hostage in the Discovery Channel network's headquarters in suburban Washington. All of the hostages are safe.

Montgomery County Police Chief Thomas Manger says he does not know whether police killed the gunman, who was upset about the network's programming.

They spent about three hours negotiating with him after he burst into the suburban Washington building about 1 p.m. waving a handgun and with canisters strapped to his body.

Police had not confirmed whether the canisters were explosives.

Seriously, taking people hostage over TV programming? Too much Dirty Jobs?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:23 PM 09-01-2010
No matter what happens, there will always be whackjobs in this world.
Oh... and no one was harmed(except the perp, it looks like), good job, MDSP! ( I can only assume, since MD gun laws are idiotic, and the chance of a law abiding citizen doing what was needed are slim.)
[Reply]
jkim05 03:27 PM 09-01-2010
My friend has an internship there, I should check in with him.
[Reply]
Goldie 10:18 PM 09-01-2010
He must be pissed about the season of Deadliest Catch coming to an end.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 11:15 PM 09-02-2010
Gotta love snipers!!
[Reply]
Eleven 07:52 AM 09-03-2010
As most people know by now, this wasn't about TV programming. He just happened to choose Discovery as the subject of his insane Al Gore inspired anti-human rants.

Discovery happened to have shows about cute babies and this guy hated humanity and thought we needed to stop having babies.

Of course the lack of coverage over his true beliefs says a lot about today's media, if this was some wacko shooting an abortion doctor, we would have TV movies being made about it already.

And yea, GO SNIPERS!
[Reply]
Up