Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Box Pressed
kelmac07 08:58 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I'm on 262cigars.com now, looking at the create a sampler page, very tempted to hit the add to cart button
The 262 Paridigm is a great stick...only wish they took Mastercard.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:27 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by BloodSpite:
Ok I gotta ask

I have never purchased box pressed cigars before honestly. Besides the obvious shape, is there any difference in the curing process or flavor of the box pressed versus non BP?
Flavor is so subjective that it's hard say if box pressing makes a difference, but I don't think that is does make a direct difference.

One thing I have found is that box pressed cigars tend to be rolled a little looser -- which may affect the flavors (which is why I said no "direct difference" above).
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:55 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Flavor is so subjective that it's hard say if box pressing makes a difference, but I don't think that is does make a direct difference.

One thing I have found is that box pressed cigars tend to be rolled a little looser -- which may affect the flavors (which is why I said no "direct difference" above).
Cool, I may try them just for kicks with my next order spree

Thanks for the 'fo!
[Reply]
longknocker 09:57 AM 03-04-2011
Just Smoked An Alec Bradley Box Pressed Tempus Quadrum!:-)
[Reply]
OHRD 10:00 AM 03-04-2011
Add me to the fan list for the 262 Ideology - the construction on these is flawless, never had a bad stick - and there's a good bit of flavor for such a mild smoke.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:14 AM 03-04-2011
CAO LX2 Bam. Small stick, but box-pressed and tasty.
[Reply]
JustinERAU 10:42 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Just Smoked An Alec Bradley Box Pressed Tempus Quadrum!:-)
That's my new "go-to" smoke too....love 'em...
[Reply]
loki 11:18 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Wow that 262 does look really good, Stogie guys gave it 4 and a half stogies, gonna have to go find some of these.
you can use their website www.smoketherevolution.com to find a locl b&m or to order yourself a sampler.
[Reply]
loki 11:21 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by OHRD:
Add me to the fan list for the 262 Ideology - the construction on these is flawless, never had a bad stick - and there's a good bit of flavor for such a mild smoke.
i was going to suggest this one as well but it's a mild cigar to me not medium. but yes it is a phenomenal cigar

here are my reviews of both cigars

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42661

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42617
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 12:22 PM 03-04-2011
Sancho Panza Double Maduro. A good, box-pressed maduro smoke and pretty cheap too.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 12:46 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
you can use their website www.smoketherevolution.com to find a locl b&m or to order yourself a sampler.
No B&M's in Washington :-)
[Reply]
Frodo 03:05 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
La Flor Dominicana makes some tasty box-pressed smokes.
I tried their Factory Press II - full-flavoured for sure!:-)
[Reply]
loki 03:09 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
No B&M's in Washington :-)
just order from the website then.
[Reply]
mukky 03:39 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
1990 esp.
yep:-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 03:44 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
La Flor Dominicana makes some tasty box-pressed smokes.
:-) Yes.... The Factory Press and Factory Press II were AMAZING! :-)
[Reply]
PCR 06:54 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
Been trying for two weeks with their website. Everytime I try to register the page goes to a "404 error". I contacted 262, got an e-mail back from Mike Justice which reads:

"Hello, thank you for letting us know about the site. We’ve just recently had our site moved to a newer server and the hosting company wasn’t as thorough in their migration as they should have been, thus we’ve had some issues with the site. Everything has been resolved and all is working now."

Mike was apologetic, thanked me for letting him know but the site does not work [for me]. Maybe I am doing someting wrong but I don't think so. I e-mailed Mike again about a week ago but have not receive any respose.

I REALLY want to try some 262's!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up