Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Trip to Jamaica booked...
Giants85 04:08 PM 02-27-2011
From all I've read I don't believe many (if any at all) of the CC will be real. No first hand experience though and based on coachs post it looks like RIU may offer real ccs?

I actually just booked my trip to Jamaica too!! Staying at Secrets St James in Montego Bay.

Have fun!
[Reply]
Tarks 06:17 PM 02-27-2011
I have been to Jamaica several times. You will not find authentic Cubans in Jamaica. There are lots of really, really good fakes all over the place, including Sandals, Iberostar, RIU resorts. I have stayed at all 3 chains in Jamaica.
[Reply]
coach 12:55 PM 02-28-2011
from what i remember too, i purchased a 4 pk of Royal Jamaica Robustos from a local shop while down on the Hip Strip[actually just off at the top of the Strip]. Haggeld the guy down to $15,and YES he had FAKES.....the RJ are of the new blend and actually weren't all that bad[hey i was on vacation and drinking lots,but 4 sticks for $15.....]
Also bought a stick from the roller they had at the resort,nothing great but once you see the living conditions you'll give the guy $10 for a stick.
[Reply]
rizzle 03:29 PM 02-28-2011
What everybody else said.

Also, at the duty free shop at the airport they still have some of the original Royal Jamaicas, not the royal Jamaica Golds. At least they did a couple years ago when I was there. I picked up a couple of those and wish I had gotten more of them.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up