Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Does it get any better?
CoreyD 11:52 PM 04-08-2011
So as some may know I work at a substance abuse facility in Wisconsin, and the weather here well was winter and a cold snowy first start of spring. Last couple of days was nice so most snow melted and was warm. Tonight at work I decided to start up a fire in the fire-pit in the backyard bring my 15 count traveldor out there and sit back and enjoy a gar.
Lets just say 10 minutes of the fire and my light up I had 8 clients that aren't cigar smokers enjoying good cigars and just hanging out talking about recovery and getting things off their chests and and what not and just relaxing, enjoying life. However some may question if introducing people that may not have $$ or good finance smarts or addictions to the world of cigars but, I didn't see any harm. TY lord for the good night and times.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:59 PM 04-08-2011
Cigars are not addictive in and of themselves. Buying them....well that's an entirely different story. You're fine Corey, just don't send them here :-)
[Reply]
timo 04:34 AM 04-09-2011
Fireside cigar recovery meeting at a treatment facility.....Awesome!!!
[Reply]
shilala 08:51 AM 04-09-2011
Ya done good. I've done the same on way more than one occasion.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:54 AM 04-09-2011
Sounds great Corey! Cigars as therapy, loving it!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:12 AM 04-09-2011
Nicely done Corey!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:14 AM 04-09-2011
Sign me up!! :-)
[Reply]
G G 09:27 AM 04-09-2011
That sounds great Corey.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:32 AM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Lol. I don't think you want to put in the time required to earn one of those seats. It's not as glamorous as you may imagine. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:04 AM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Lol. I don't think you want to put in the time required to earn one of those seats. It's not as glamorous as you may imagine. :-)
I meant for some cigar smoking therapy...the relaxing and enjoying life part (not the abuse part, did not mean to glamorous that part at all)!! :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 10:38 AM 04-09-2011
I meant for some cigar smoking therapy...the relaxing and enjoying life part (not the abuse part, did not mean to glamorous that part at all)!! :-)
:-) What the hell is P.C anyways!?
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:42 AM 04-09-2011
Introduce them to the Asylum... Cigar Asylum that is!:-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 02:02 PM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Ya done good. I've done the same on way more than one occasion.
yeah i did around the christmas holiday for a week got expensive but was fun but didn't beat sitting in warmer weather around a fire, and the thank yous I got from the clients and how many came and shared in my office after , was great breaking that barrier of staff/client. Kind of what i like to do with racquetball with them but less painful and energy.
[Reply]
CoreyD 02:06 PM 04-09-2011
Make sure you bring your sticks upon entering treatment. Might be able to convince the boss to allow you to bring the vino or a big desktop.
[Reply]
CoreyD 02:08 PM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Sounds great Corey! Cigars as therapy, loving it!
I was thinking of getting that group therapy t shirt with cigars around an ashtray for that reason, there's some young over 18 adults I mentor or talk to and some I sponsor that we find ourselves smoking a gar during the 1-2 hr talks.

on a different note how many guys gonna go grab some wood now and start enjoying companionship by the fire cause like I started does it get any better than this...
[Reply]
hammondc 03:34 PM 04-09-2011
I approve of this thread. Good stuff. I LOVE campfires.
[Reply]
Tyler 04:45 PM 04-09-2011
Wonderful idea. Cigars always bring people closer together, unless they are bidding against each other online :-).
[Reply]
Up