Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Opus X Lite?
Volusianator 09:26 PM 05-15-2010
La Flor Dominicana "Air Bender"! Seriously, of course not as strong, flavors are the same but again, not as strong. Opus Lite! Freakin' love these cigars and at half the price of the real deal! :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 09:28 PM 05-15-2010
"lite" meaning price or strength, body, etc. I heard these were powerful suckers unless the fella didn't know what he is talking about but he is a B & M owner.
[Reply]
Volusianator 09:43 PM 05-15-2010
Both, they don't have the same strength as an Opus, but the flavors are the same, just again, not as strong in that area either. And, all this at half the price.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:46 PM 05-15-2010
I'll have to check them out. By the way, your sig line hits home with me. So true, I need to rethink a few things (sorry for the threadjack).
[Reply]
Volusianator 09:49 PM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by Scottw:
By the way, your sig line hits home with me. So true, I need to rethink a few things (sorry for the threadjack).
Thank you, of course being laid off right now, it hits home with me too! :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 10:08 PM 05-15-2010
I will have to give the Air benders a try.
[Reply]
quantim0 10:30 PM 05-15-2010
Just picked one up this week. I've never had an Opus, so it will be impossible for me to compare. I really enjoy everything I'd had from LFD.
[Reply]
sikk50 02:01 AM 05-16-2010
They're deffinatly good
[Reply]
Cigary 02:42 AM 05-16-2010
Oh boy...this is what I needed to read. I've seen your other posts on Opus Cigars and how much you like them so I gotta believe you when you say how much they are alike. Knowing that the pricing on the Air Benders are much better this could very well be "The Poor Mans Opus X" and that makes me a happy camper. Will have to get 5 pak and test em out. How much time in the humi do you think is good for these?

Just checked Atlantic Cigar for these and they say they will match or beat any advertised price for a 5 pak.
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/laflordom.html

AIR BENDER GUERRERO 5-PACK6.25x54 PACK OF 5 for $38.75 FREE S&H ....Yahtzee!!!!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 07:50 AM 05-16-2010
Perfect way of describing these. I have tried the poderoso, villano and the maestro and so far the poderoso is my favorite. The Maestro was a different smoke compared to the other two and I am sure the filler has a lot to do with that. But just like you said Opus Lite is a great description.
[Reply]
alwayslit 08:11 AM 05-16-2010
I'll need to try the one in the humi.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:17 AM 05-16-2010
I smoked several opus x and I smoked an Air Bender recently, nice cigar but I didn't think they were anything alike. Opus and Liga Privada #9 yes, but Opus X and LFD Air bender? No
[Reply]
tomc3084 01:21 PM 05-16-2010
Don't Liga's have a maduro wrapper?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:44 PM 05-16-2010
no, oscuro
[Reply]
sikk50 01:52 PM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I smoked several opus x and I smoked an Air Bender recently, nice cigar but I didn't think they were anything alike. Opus and Liga Privada #9 yes, but Opus X and LFD Air bender? No
:-)
[Reply]
Cigary 04:39 PM 05-16-2010
Smoked plenty of Liga Privada and tons of Opus cigars...and I dont get a connection with the LP to an Opus. As they say, taste can be subjective and I hope the Airbender is close even if considered "lite" as a box of 20 can be had for tons cheaper than 3 Opus Reservas.:-)
[Reply]
Huskysibe 05:24 PM 05-16-2010
I grabbed one up from my local B&M and I cant wait to try it. The guy working there really loves them and he hasent steered me wrong yet.
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:37 PM 05-16-2010
That's the beauty of what we do, we all have our opinions, and we're all right! To me, it's a dead ringer.
[Reply]
Patrick B 04:33 AM 05-17-2010
The air bender is definitely a poor man's Opus, so to speak. I'd trade all my Opus for a price-equivilant amount of Air Bender's in a heartbeat. Can't wait to buy some more. Also can't wait for the corona size to come out...
[Reply]
Cigary 10:36 AM 05-17-2010
A box for $75 on CBID is being attacked forthwith.
[Reply]
Up