Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>dutch master
FriendlyMan 08:20 PM 06-20-2012
It just my opinion, I think you should go in to a cigar shop explain your situation and and ask for a good recommendation for a starter. Acctually It dosnt have to be very cheap. But rather mildish and short. I think you'll rather have a better experience with a better cigar. Make sure you had something to eat before and have your favored beverage with you.

Then, after you enjoy a cigar or two, if you ever want to reconsider asking yourself this question again. It's worth the two dollars just to know what paper tastes like. It happend to me when I started . I smoked some good cigars, but then one day after work I was tempted to try one from the candy store. Sat in to my car lit it up gave a few pufffs and didn't even regret throwing the two dollars out the window as far as I could. And never looked back.
[Reply]
Malazan 10:00 PM 06-20-2012
I think a DM was my first cigar at 18

Drinking Jack Daniels chased with Budweiser smoking a DM:-)
[Reply]
Ismith75 10:10 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Malazan:
Drinking Jack Daniels chased with Budweiser smoking a DM:-)
I see no problem with this :-) Why not smoke a DM head to head with a quality mild smoke (Macanudo, Avo, RyJ) and see if you can tell what you're missing?
[Reply]
hammondc 07:45 AM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
I'm probably gonna get burned at the stake for this, but why not try a Macanudo Cigar. They are hand made, well constructed and very mild. Theres gotta be a reason they're the number 1 selling cigar in the USA, and I'm thinkin newbies love em (I guess).
+1. This is usually the direction I send folks that are trying to get into it. They are decent(ish), mild and can be found everywhere. Hell, my grocery store sells em. Macanudo Hyde Park.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:26 AM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by Bleez:
I actually bought a 5 pack of Dutch Master Presidents yesterday. Not to smoke, but to hold on to and remind me of my passed Grandfather. I don't remember much about him but I do know that he smoked DM Presidents and drank scotch. $5 for a 5er of memories...haha, corny but whatever...
I don't think that at all. I am glad my grandpa was in my life even though have the time we were in the car I was being smoked out by a DM!! :-) Here's to our grandpas!!
[Reply]
shopkins82 08:50 AM 06-21-2012
The biggest downfall of most machine made gas-station cigars, other than the overall quality of the tobacco, is that the wrapper is made of a tobacco-derived paper product consisting of (usually) tobacco pulp, molasses, and some other binding products.

That said, I still grab a pack of Swisher Blunts when I'm on the road by myself and don't have anything better with me. But then again, I do like sweetened caps and even some infusions (mainly the ones that don't smell like perfume or liquor, like coffee/hazelnut/amaretto/etc).

Still, take the above advice and get some advice from a local cigar shop. I think Baccarat is a great place to start... mild and sweet without being flavored/infused. If you like that, your pallet will probably eventually like traditional cigars without the sweetened cap. Baccarat and similar are what I always hand out to guys who want to smoke with me but don't frequently and they almost always enjoy them.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:02 AM 06-21-2012
I buy a pack of Parodi or Hava Tampas about once a year to pretend I'm 18 again. I don't think I've ever had a Dutch Master. I smoked a few Swishers in my day.

MCS
[Reply]
OLS 09:08 AM 06-21-2012
OR...OR...you could come in, throw a post like this into the hopper and see how many people say how many
things before they realize it is likely someone having fun with them.
[Reply]
Crownedone 09:08 AM 06-21-2012
Ive tried the Dutch Masters before and felt that There are plenty of bundles on line that are cheaper and better. Ive had online bundles as cheap as .65 a stick be desent yard smokes.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 01:51 PM 06-21-2012
I have smoked them dutch masters and Im not a fan. try to find something on the milder side that isnt too high dollar. i would go to a b&m and buy some factory overruns, rejects, or a bundle smoke such as quorum or kinky friedman kinksters
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up