Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>AJ Fernandez is growing his business
fencefixer 03:15 AM 06-19-2012
http://www.cigarjournal.co/index.php...rnandezfactory

New AJ Fernandez FactoryA major construction project has been under way for several months in Esteli, Nicaragua.

June 17, 2012. The brands being made by AJ Fernandez, including the San Lotano (Finest Cigars of 2011, #2) are outstripping the capacity of the many factories and warehouses that AJ has in Esteli. So work commenced on this new facility on late 2011. It is expected to be completed in the summer of 2012 and will have the capacity to produce some 60,000 cigars per day. The facility will include everything from tobacco pre-industry to rolling and packaging. It is located just off the Pan-American highway.

An additional 21 million cigars per year.. Holy moly! :-) He seems to be a rather young player in this game and I hope that he doesn't progress too fast and then end up shooting himself in the foot (Just look what happened to Ernesto Padilla). As with any business you have to take baby steps.. quality first, then quantity. We'll see what his future brings. :-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 03:17 AM 06-19-2012
Sounds like he's getting a little too big for his britches.
[Reply]
maninblack 03:18 AM 06-19-2012
Hope it works out for him but I hope he doesn't saturate the market with inferior smokes. No need for another K. Hansotia. But AJ is a master blender.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:31 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Hope it works out for him but I hope he doesn't saturate the market with inferior smokes. No need for another K. Hansotia. But AJ is a master blender.
:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:34 AM 06-19-2012
I have enjoyed nearly everything I've tried that AJ has produced. Notable exceptions being the RP Fusion, San Miguel and Moro Castle. I wish him the best of luck and continued success
[Reply]
Hem 05:53 AM 06-19-2012
Wow that's a big operation, didn't realize he produced so much...crazy
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:59 AM 06-19-2012
In AJF I trust ! :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 09:10 AM 06-19-2012
I love his blends. I hope the QC remains good.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:12 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
In AJF I trust ! :-)
X2 :-)
[Reply]
czerbe 02:49 PM 06-19-2012
When I was younger it was all about Quanity women booze cigars not I'm all about quality.. hope he stays the same
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:03 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by :
When I was younger it was all about Quanity women booze cigars not I'm all about quality.. hope he stays the same
Well said, I'm a big AJ fan. I hope this won't impact the quality he has.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 11:45 PM 06-19-2012
I'm definitely an AJF fan. Good stuff for the money.
[Reply]
cobra03 01:02 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
:-) I love alot of his stuff and i love the fact that alot of it is still under the radar and very reasonably priced. I hope he sticks with whats hes been doing and does not start pumping out a bunch of crap every other week.
[Reply]
Up