Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>whos a memeber on cigarbid? i need a favor please.
FriendlyMan 06:57 AM 06-12-2012
I'm in the market for two boxes of cigars now, during the winter I mostly supported my local b&m's but now that the summer is near and will have more time to puff I want to save some $ . So I was looking around and I still think the best prices will be in cigar bid if I can get my hands on them.
My only issue is, I made a promise to my self never to use my cc for cigars. Last time I bought boxes was through a person that's on here and I sent a money order. So here's the question who wants to shop for me. And you'll ship when you get my money?Now with cigarbid its hard to point out what you want sometimes so we have to be in touch. For instance, I saw two deals last that I think were great which ended last night I'm sure I could of saved atleast fifty bucks if not more. If you go now. It was a box of my fathers and hemingways.
I did order from sites for instance like cigar.com and they waited for my money order but I think I won't find these deals anywere else.

You might wana know why not use a bank card or visa. I'll tell u now. I made a deal with my self not to start using any cards for cigars since I was a victim of cc debt and student loans from when I was younger. Got draged in to it by people. And now that I was blessed to have a few good people in my life that got me out of the mess. And I can truly say I'm debt free, I owe it this much to my self and them not to use my credit cards.
I now have only one cc with very little credit for emergencies and a bill if I need.
The thing is you don't have to ship until I pay you.
I'll pm u the bid link and you'll go for it.
One thing I promise, the money order wont come in an envelope. It will come in a box :-)

I know my trade rating is 0 because I wasn't on here or on threads for a while. But for those who remember me from the CS days. I never disappointed anyone.
jjirons69 07:03 AM 06-12-2012
Just thinking out loud...say the deal is $150 for example. If you're able to get a money order to someone for $150 to pay the bill, it seems the same logic is there to pay the cc bill when it comes. If you ONLY charge the CB purchase to it and you have the money to pay it when the statement comes, I don't see the harm. It's really a lot more convenient. Your proposed method seems like a lot of work for you and the other involved. Plus you save on the extra shipping from other to you. My $0.02.
czerbe 07:05 AM 06-12-2012
:-):-)
FriendlyMan 07:08 AM 06-12-2012
I'm paying a price to stay debt free. And and the same time. Maybe bomb someone.
CigarNut 07:37 AM 06-12-2012
You can get prepaid VISA cards for this kind of thing. You put your money on the VISA and then pay your vendor. This is much better than asking someone else to take a risk, pay fees, etc. Just my :-)
BlkDrew 07:38 AM 06-12-2012
go get a visa gift card, load it with money, and then use that on their website. im sure it is possible

Michael you beat me by a minute
dave 07:43 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
You can get prepaid VISA cards for this kind of thing. You put your money on the VISA and then pay your vendor. This is much better than asking someone else to take a risk, pay fees, etc. Just my :-)
Bingo. Pay cash for a prepaid card - avail most anywhere.
kelmac07 07:47 AM 06-12-2012
I just re-read the original post. If you did a deal like this before, why don't you have any trader feedback? Or better yet, just contact that same person to assist you? I do believe that pre paid Visa will do what you need it to do in this instance. If you are that adamant about bombing someone...like Nike says...Just Do It!! :-)
T.G 08:07 AM 06-12-2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6xBaZ92uA
688sonarmen 08:18 AM 06-12-2012
Who farted?
FriendlyMan 08:32 AM 06-12-2012
Did anyone see the Advice thread anywhere?
bvilchez 08:50 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
Did anyone see the Advice thread anywhere?
Hmm...I believe I saw the OP ask for assistance from others for something he apparently can't control. They are giving you the advice to assist you since you asked for a "favor" as you thread title states. :-)

No need to get defensive here. They are just trying to help you out. They could've just kept out of it and not post anything.

Oh and BTW, how were you a victim of cc debt?

I made a deal with my self not to start using any cards for cigars since I was a victim of cc debt and student loans from when I was younger.

CigarNut 08:55 AM 06-12-2012
I think everyone is a victim of CC debt at one (or more) time in our lives. I certainly was. I paid everything off -- it took time -- I budgeted my expenses but I did not stop using credit cards.

IMHO if you stop using credit cards altogether then you hurt yourself in the long run. You need a (good) credit history these days in for everything from better insurance rates to emergency cash to being able to rent or buy a place to live. Just my :-)

BTW, I was not knocking the OP -- just offering an alternate solution to the problem that removes any dependency on finding someone to help out. This seemed like one of those things best handled personally. Again just my :-)
smitty81 09:04 AM 06-12-2012
I think people are giving you some good advice here. They are trying to help you get what you want. The prepaid card is a great idea.

Wouldn't you be a little uncomfortable buying something for a complete stranger that has no feedback at all?

It's a pretty big risk to take on someone that isn't very established in this community.:-)

Go check out the NST. Not only is it fun and you get to try some different cigars but you will start to establish some feedback. It's kind of like credit, you cant get a loan until you have established some credit.
markem 09:21 AM 06-12-2012
Okay, seems like he has gotten the best advice that the board is presently willing to offer. If someone wants to front him on CB, they will likely just PM the OP. Probably time to avoid piling on since it can only go downhill when people do that.

Nothing to see here. Move on.
FriendlyMan 09:34 AM 06-12-2012
ok ok guys, I'm sorry for my reaction. I guess I didn't think much in to it . But I was disappointed that in stead of keeping it on topic it has become on how to use credit cards after I wrote that I wont do that right now.
Another thing, When this place opened up I was glad to follow and felt better here then anywhere else. But with time things happened that caused me to stay off here more often. And from time to time that I did come on here, I felt I could jump right in as I was here for ever. But then slowly realized that this is not CS and I don't have the close to two thousand post and 15 trades to show who I am.
I guess I keep on making that mistake based on the good times I had on CS . Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this place is bad, but I don't feel the connection I felt then. I guess I need to hang out more :-) so we can get to know each other better.

Just a joke I heard, A friend of mine told me he got married before the war. The war started after they got married. :-)
FriendlyMan 09:37 AM 06-12-2012
agreed
well said.
Originally Posted by markem:
Okay, seems like he has gotten the best advice that the board is presently willing to offer. If someone wants to front him on CB, they will likely just PM the OP. Probably time to avoid piling on since it can only go downhill when people do that.

pnoon 09:42 AM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by markem:

I wholeheartedly agree.
ok ok guys, I'm sorry for my reaction. I guess I didn't think much in to it . But I was disappointed that in stead of keeping it on topic it has become on how to use credit cards after I wrote that I wont do that right now.
Another thing, When this place opened up I was glad to follow and felt better here then anywhere else. But with time things happened that caused me to stay off here more often. And from time to time that I did come on here, I felt I could jump right in as I was here for ever. But then slowly realized that this is not CS and I don't have the close to two thousand post and 15 trades to show who I am.
I guess I keep on making that mistake based on the good times I had on CS . Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this place is bad, but I don't feel the connection I felt then. I guess I need to hang out more :-) so we can get to know each other better.

Just a joke I heard, A friend of mine told me he got married before the war. The war started after they got married. :-)
So, in summary, you can do any one of the following:
1) Continue to buy at a B&M
2) Obtain a pre-paid VISA
3) Ask a friend, neighbor or family member to purchase for you -or-
4) Use your own credit card and make a payment to the card the same day for the amount of the purchase.

We are done here.
Up