Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>What cliche drives you crazy?
loki 07:19 AM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
It never fails that some wad will say "Wanna do mine next?" when I'm washing my car.
"sure.....(watch their eyes light up) for $200"
[Reply]
rizzle 08:41 AM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Soooooooooooooooooooo agree with that.

I mean, "It is what it is", what the f does that mean?......absolutely NOTHING.
I say that one on occasion. Good to know that I can now irritate you with it Scott.:-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 09:16 AM 02-02-2009
I gotta say

"not for nothing" or "nothin for nothin but..."
[Reply]
darb85 10:06 AM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
I like my box....
Im in a hand basket, not sure where we are going though
[Reply]
Chompers 10:08 AM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by Gargoyle:
"Think outside the box" is another one that I hate. Why I am I in a box... and even if I was, why do I need to think outside of it?
I hate that one, because the cliche itself is not "thinking outside the box".
[Reply]
Gargoyle 02:29 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by darb85:
I agree with if you friends jumped off a cliff one. My mom used to use that all the time until i was about 15 and I answered yes and spun on my heels. She cracked up and stopped using it.
My mom used that one on me as well... I asked "if everyong breathed oxygen, do you think it might be a good idea?" I didn't end the argument though... I was just being a smart a$$ and got in more trouble with that one. :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 07:33 PM 02-02-2009
My personal anti-favorite:

"Are you f*****g retarded?"

Actually, I don't really mind it, I'm just get angry because it always seems to be directed at me.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:34 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by bigliver:
My personal anti-favorite:

"Are you f*****g retarded?"

Actually, I don't really mind it, I'm just get angry because it always seems to be directed at me.
Well? Are you?

:-)
[Reply]
markem 07:42 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Well? Are you?
Don't be a ****ing retard, Peter
[Reply]
Ye Olde Phart 09:14 PM 02-02-2009
"at the end of the day" :-)
[Reply]
Hudaddy 09:45 PM 02-02-2009
Being in sales, you hear cliches constantly. Sales guys pretty can have entire conversations consisting totally from cliches.

The best example was on the Office, when the intern turned boss (turned grunt) gave the following speech:

“Yeah i created a website...

Look, at the end of the day, apples to apples, flying at 30 thousand feet, this is a paper company.

And I don't want us to get lost in the weeds or into a beauty contest.

Convergence... viral marketing... we're going gorilla... We're taking it to the street, while keeping an eye on the street, Wall Street.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, in other words… it is what it is.

- Buying paper just became fun.”
[Reply]
macpappy 04:39 AM 02-03-2009
"Back in the day." Why don't they just say "long, long ago and far, far, away." Both are equally stupid.

"National Champions" Why? They didn't play every college football team in the nation?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:31 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
"National Champions" Why? They didn't play every college football team in the nation?
World Series Champions don't play every baseball team in the World. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:36 AM 02-03-2009
May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?

MCS
[Reply]
bigliver 05:31 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Well? Are you?

:-)
I guess if the shoe fits...
[Reply]
Siebec 05:35 PM 02-03-2009
"I'll sleep when I'm dead".
[Reply]
brigey57 05:41 PM 02-03-2009
I through a piece of paper in the waste can, or at least try and some putz will say "a lazy man works twice!" No dim wit, I leave the paper on the floor and a cleaning person comes in and picks it up for me. Plus they are employed by the company so I create a job for them too. So there jerkweed!!!:-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:27 PM 02-03-2009
The phrase often uttered by surley young boys, often in response to a suggestion that they do something different. cut their hair, get a job, not disrespect their parents/teachers etc.

"I'm a grown ass man"

no, you're really not. You're 17. You're vaguely more than a boy, with that little patch of hair on your chin/upperlip, and a problem with authority. You've never done anything productive in your life, and think that everyone around you is against you. If I suggest you get a hair cut and shave the bloody mustach, you'd be surprised how far it'd get you.... sorry rant off.
[Reply]
FEAR 08:22 PM 02-03-2009
The one that tops my list.

"It all come out in the wash.":-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up