Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>I am Alive Again!
hotreds 02:03 PM 01-29-2009
Just got through 24 hours without power. It was 47 degrees in the house this morning. My teeth were chattering! Hooked up the generator, at least I saved my food in the fridge, and had water.(I have a cistern with a pump for water; no electric, no water!)

The wife and I were about to spend the night in a motel when the power came back on. Hallelujah!

The ice really did a job here- many trees were severely damaged. Got some pix that I will share later. My Directv antenna is a sheet of ice, natch I have no reception. I tried to brush it off- but ice doesn't brush off. Will just have to wait for the weekend for temps to get above freezing and melt the ice!

And to think it will be single digits on Saturday am!

You know, if anyone has the nerve to mention "global warming" to me, they'll be minus some teeth. First one to get in line should be Algore.

Anyway, still planning to head to the herf, hope to see many friends and make many new ones!

Stay warm out there!
[Reply]
Prospector 02:13 PM 01-29-2009
Where you at?

I remember those ice storms from when I used to live in New England - unbelievably nasty! Thank goodness those days are behind me now. Best of luck with it.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:16 PM 01-29-2009
Wow!
Glad you got through it.
At least for me, whenever we have power failure, it is hot.
Can't imagine dealing with the cold that way.
[Reply]
Rockestone 02:23 PM 01-29-2009
Man, what a tough time to go through. I'm glad you're ok!:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 02:35 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by Prospector:
Where you at?

I remember those ice storms from when I used to live in New England - unbelievably nasty! Thank goodness those days are behind me now. Best of luck with it.
SW Ohio-Eastern Clermont County. Thanks for the good wishes. I am starting to thaw out!
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:36 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
SW Ohio-Eastern Clermont County. Thanks for the good wishes. I am starting to thaw out!
Glad you are Ok Hugh.
[Reply]
JE3146 02:42 PM 01-29-2009
Btw, a super soaker with hot water does the trick for the frozen Direct TV Dishes... :-)

Glad you guys are ok!
[Reply]
hotreds 03:09 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Btw, a super soaker with hot water does the trick for the frozen Direct TV Dishes... :-)

Glad you guys are ok!
Thanks x 2!
[Reply]
karmaz00 03:10 PM 01-29-2009
wow crazy..glad you made it through
[Reply]
DocLogic77 03:14 PM 01-29-2009
Good to hear...wish we were as lucky. Central KY got hit hard...and we are still without electricity. They are telling us 3-7 days. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 03:15 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
Good to hear...wish we were as lucky. Central KY got hit hard...and we are still without electricity. They are telling us 3-7 days. :-)

Can't imagine! You gonna hit a motel?
[Reply]
DocLogic77 03:17 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Can't imagine! You gonna hit a motel?
I'm working a 24 hour shift and will try to get some sleep tonight here...and the family is staying at a hotel in Lexington.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:19 PM 01-29-2009
Like I said, we were gonna do that as well if the power had not come back on! Still 12,000 w/o power in Clermont County- I feel bad for them!
[Reply]
Up