Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Driving with Don Fernando
MajorCaptSilly 07:17 PM 07-29-2009
Not with The don himself but a toro sized cigars from Guillen cigars! I had some driving to do today so I grabbed one of these for the ride. It is a "beefy" cigar as far as strength goes. Lots of spice but not Pepin style spice. Lot's of rich smoke with a burnt marshmallow sweetness. Plenty of nic kick in this one. Has a leathery finish but got a little harsh towards the end. This could be because I was driving and tend to smoke a little too fast in the car. This cigar is worth some quiet-time smoking. Very good.

MCS
[Reply]
G G 07:18 PM 07-29-2009
Nice to hear MCS.:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:25 PM 07-29-2009
Just had my first one yesterday with very much the same experience! Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:00 PM 07-29-2009
Thanks for the review, Cap! :-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:06 PM 07-29-2009
Thanks for the review Scott, honestly from the title I half-expected some adventur like John Candy in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

How does he know which way we want to go?!??

Hahaha, sometimes I laugh alone.
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:17 AM 07-30-2009
Good to know about the Don. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:24 AM 07-30-2009
Driving with me is safe, except in Georgia :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 11:46 AM 07-30-2009
I think I'm going to have to find one if these to try soon
[Reply]
Volt 11:49 AM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Not with The don himself but a toro sized cigars from Guillen cigars! I had some driving to do today so I grabbed one of these for the ride. It is a "beefy" cigar as far as strength goes. Lots of spice but not Pepin style spice. Lot's of rich smoke with a burnt marshmallow sweetness. Plenty of nic kick in this one. Has a leathery finish but got a little harsh towards the end. This could be because I was driving and tend to smoke a little too fast in the car. This cigar is worth some quiet-time smoking. Very good.

MCS
I was afraid of that. Andy likes to make those potent type cigars. I did just get gifted on as a keep sake though.... Maybe Don will initial it for me :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:53 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
I think I'm going to have to find one if these to try soon
you better be quick, it was a limited production and I know Andy is almost out of them.
[Reply]
Up