Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>The Cigar Factories of Ybor City
TomUfer 12:05 PM 12-14-2009
I've always been fascinated with the history of Ybor City. These past few weeks, I've been doing some research on Ybor's cigar factories. Today, I posted the first in a series of articles that talk about the factory buildings that are still in existence. Here is the link to the main index page: The Cigar Factories of Ybor City

I'll be adding new posts to the main page at least once a week, perhaps twice a week as I have at least 24 articles on the subject.

I hope you enjoy reading these articles as much as I enjoyed writing them.
[Reply]
Thrak 07:19 PM 12-14-2009
Cool!

I was down there this past June. My son got to watch a guy roll a cigar from scratch and then he took a stem and made it a ring which he gave to him.. made his trip.

The cigar was quite good too... candela. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 07:36 PM 12-14-2009
:-)
[Reply]
Thrak 09:31 AM 03-23-2010
I'm in Tampa again this week... which of these factories have a tour? Which are worth visiting?

I cant find any addresses on there either.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 10:53 AM 03-23-2010
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I know I haven't ever been there or anything but this is what google brought up. I hope it works out and you have a blast. I wish I could be there.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:36 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I know I haven't ever been there or anything but this is what google brought up. I hope it works out and you have a blast. I wish I could be there.
I am sure he knows how to find it without the map and seems he is well versed in the area.

How do I know?
Seems he lives there (Tampa Bay, FL).:-)

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.:-)
[Reply]
TomUfer 08:56 PM 04-15-2010
Unfortunately, none of these factories have a tour. The closest you'll come to a tour is the small museum inside J.C. Newman's building. There is the Ybor City Museum on 9th Ave that is worth the $5 entrance fee. It has a lot of Cigar history inside.
[Reply]
Up