Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>My 1980 Schecter Fretless
Katmancross 10:33 AM 02-15-2011

I'm showing off to other bassists.
This is a 1980 Schecter Fretless Brazilian Rosewood bass. I bought it new for $1000. The s**t sales guy saw how I liked it and offered me $900 and a free case. This was over 30 years ago. That was a lot of bread for a bass.
I didn't sleep that night and went back the next day. Guess what? Now it was $1000 and no case. C**k S****r!!! But I bought it because there was not other bass like it.
This was back when Schecter was owned by Schecter. They've changed hands 5 times since them.
The whole bass is Brazilian rosewood. Everything. Brazilian wood has been illegal for a long time to import because the musicians are killing the rain forests. LOL!
It's a passive bass. Designed exactly like a Fender Jazz. But all the hardware is gold plated. And its all tricked out electronically.

If you have good computer speakers, go to
www.myspace.com/pkohnbass and listen to the 5 sample tunes. This bass has such a muscular sound.
It's my baby.
P.S. Wasn't I cute in 1980? Skinny and lots of hair, Oh my!
Attached:
[Reply]
Chingas 04:11 AM 02-16-2011
Great looking Bass Brother!:-)
[Reply]
zappaFREAK 06:36 AM 02-16-2011
Whos smokin who?? Are you smokin that bass or the stogie in pic 2?? Very nice looking bass. Looks like it was a grand well spent!
[Reply]
Up