Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Same Cigars, New Boxes
alfredo_buscatti 08:40 AM 04-06-2011
I've smoked a box of the DPG "My Father" #2 Belicoso; thus, when I ordered a second box, I thought I knew what to expect.

But although the same flavors were present, they were muted; only during the final third did they fill out.

When I inspected the wrapper I found that the darker tan of the previous box was overlaid with a green color.

Am I correct that aging will correct this; whether or not the green fades, will the flavor fill out for the entire cigar?
[Reply]
Noodles 12:13 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
I've smoked a box of the DPG "My Father" #2 Belicoso; thus, when I ordered a second box, I thought I knew what to expect.

But although the same flavors were present, they were muted; only during the final third did they fill out.

When I inspected the wrapper I found that the darker tan of the previous box was overlaid with a green color.

Am I correct that aging will correct this; whether or not the green fades, will the flavor fill out for the entire cigar?
What do you mean green color?

This green color,

or this green color,

First one is mold. Do a search here and it will tell you how to deal with it.

The second one is uncured tobacco. I don't think they will go away even with aging.

Cigars will vary. A lot of factors affects the taste. Tobacco (from year to year), storage, age, weather, blend and who rolled it.

In my very little experience, storage affects how your cigar taste. If you have the luxury of aging your cigars, do that and try them again in a few months.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 12:35 AM 04-07-2011
The green wrapper looks nothing like picture 1; the wrapper was not speckled with white, was neither mold nor plume.

Instead, the wrapper was a uniform light green blended with tan.

I just removed the cello on two other cigars, and the wrappers are not green. I'm going to smoke a few more of these cigars, and if the flavor remains diminished, whether green or no, age them. I had a long talk with customer service at Atlantic Cigar and that was their solution.

I'll check back in when I've got more data.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:32 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
The green wrapper looks nothing like picture 1; the wrapper was not speckled with white, was neither mold nor plume.

Instead, the wrapper was a uniform light green blended with tan.

I just removed the cello on two other cigars, and the wrappers are not green. I'm going to smoke a few more of these cigars, and if the flavor remains diminished, whether green or no, age them. I had a long talk with customer service at Atlantic Cigar and that was their solution.

I'll check back in when I've got more data.
Pictures would help us help you.
[Reply]
Noodles 08:34 AM 04-07-2011
Light green like these?

[Reply]
OLS 08:38 AM 04-07-2011
The color will never fade, the color they are now is the color they will be later.
I say that, but I have actually had cigars darken before. But I think age will
allow the filler to marry some and taste better to you, but it's always important
to remember that cigar tobacco is never the same year to year, so while the
blend may be carefully adhered to, the taste may be different overall in small ways.
[Reply]
BTcigars 12:14 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Pictures would help us help you.
+1 :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:23 PM 04-07-2011
its just spots caused by imperfect curing. i recently got a cigar with a few green blotches.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 01:03 AM 04-08-2011
I've smoked two more from this box, and the wrappers were the same dark tan that they were throughout the first box. Their taste was the same, too: utterly delicious! So hopefully the green wrapper on the first cigar was an aberration.

I don't have a digital camera.

Thanks to all those who replied!
[Reply]
thecatch83 03:45 AM 04-08-2011
Interesting.....
[Reply]
TBone 06:36 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by bonggoy:
Light green like these?

The color is the color, the wrapper is a Candella leaf and for me personally it taste's fantastic. I smoked the illusione 888 and the HL.
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:58 AM 04-08-2011
Agreed, Illusione makes one of the best Candella tasting smokes around! Doesn't Viaje also have a Candella wrapper in their repertoire?
[Reply]
Up