Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Punch Rare Corojo, 10th anni
SvilleKid 04:58 PM 03-31-2011
These are just now shipping to the retailers. They are a special blend for the 10th anniversary. Got these in today, so I want them to sit a few days, plus, it's only 43 degrees and windy outside this afternoon. supposed to be nice this weekend, so I'll smoke one then and do a review. Really nice looking sticks, great construction; different banding for the 10th anni. Smell really nice! Can't wait to try them this weekend.

I phone picks don't do them justice, especially my old 3g model. Sorry.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:30 PM 03-31-2011
Nice! They look good! I'll have to grab one!
[Reply]
ninjavanish 09:08 PM 04-01-2011
Wow. Those look great. I bet they smoke great too. Oh wait... Thats right... They do. :-)
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:24 PM 04-01-2011
The regular Rare Corojos are xlnt with some time on them.
I'll have to keep an eye open for these.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 09:26 PM 04-01-2011
Damn something else I need to buy.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 03:02 PM 04-02-2011
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Wow. Those look great. I bet they smoke great too. Oh wait... Thats right... They do. :-)
Smartarse!! :-) I'll smoke one tomorrow, then post a review! Supposed to be really nice weather and temps here then, so maybe I'll smoke several different sticks!

I pulled out one of my 2005 Pita size Rare Corojo's to smoke also. Maybe I'll do a taste test between a new 10th anni, and a regular RC with 6 years of age!
[Reply]
jsnake 07:42 AM 04-04-2011
It was 90 degrees here in KC yesterday and I smoked one of these while grilling. I did not take notes for a review but I did enjoy the cigar. These are box pressed and the band is a nice change from the common Punch bands. Good flavor but pretty consistent start to finish. Burned beautifully and I just got these. It actually was blown off the grill onto the deck which knocked the ash off. It stayed lit and self corrected. no touch up needed. I thought that was pretty cool.
[Reply]
OHRD 08:01 AM 04-04-2011
I haven't smoked these either yet but received a 5 pack from General. It looks excellent - the new bands are classy, the wrapper is beautiful, and the smell is great. Looking forward to this one!
[Reply]
Stinky 09:12 AM 04-04-2011
Punch Rare Corojo has been a long standing favorite of mine. . . hope they didn't (and don't) change the blend. Rich complex flavors every time. Thanks for the reminder!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:22 AM 04-04-2011
The Punch Rare Corojo was a go to cigar for me for years...I'm kind of sad I haven't had one in awhile. This might just be the perfect excuse to rekindle my love affair with them :-) Hopefully I can find some locally.
[Reply]
Up