:-)
Congratulations!
:-)
[Reply]
tchariya 12:16 PM 08-07-2009
That is soo awesome to hear Don!!!!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:39 PM 08-07-2009
Great news. Congrats and good luck with the interview.
[Reply]
TideRoll 07:54 PM 08-07-2009
Great deal! I hope all goes very well with the interview.
[Reply]
catfish2 10:04 AM 08-08-2009
I just saw a news story on CNN that Jefferson Co. Alabama will be laying off Sheriff deputies. I'm glad that they doubled the size of the prison up here. This is the last thing that I need to worry about right now.
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:40 AM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by catfish2:
I just saw a news story on CNN that Jefferson Co. Alabama will be laying off Sheriff deputies. I'm glad that they doubled the size of the prison up here. This is the last thing that I need to worry about right now.
you got it in the bag Don! :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:54 AM 08-08-2009
Congratulations!

God's blessings on the rest of the process.
[Reply]
TideRoll 12:07 AM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by catfish2:

Hey Don,

I don't know how many deputies are actually going to be laid off, if any. There are a couple of legislators in Birmingham who are playing chicken over a tax everyone knew was illegal when it was instituted twenty years ago. It was finally declared illegal, and wham: a big funding stream goes away. That is on top of some serious sewer debt and very poorly refinanced general obligation bonds racked up by some past county commissions, several members of which are in jail or will be on trial shortly, along with some contractors. It was a big nasty mess, and everyone knew a year or two ago the county should have declared bankruptcy but that would mean Federal forensic auditors and several county commissioners really don't want those folks snooping around. The sheriff is doing a pretty good job advocating for his position. The governor has called a special session of the state legislature to pass what they hope is a legal occupational tax bill, but the same couple or three legislators are still trying to squeeze some pork out of it in their direction, dirtballs that they are. We've got some real losers in office at the moment down here.

Hey, BTW, next time you get down here give one of us a call and we'll either herf or feed you or maybe even both. Best of luck with your new direction.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up