Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>One of those days.
pektel 08:40 PM 12-11-2014
Ever have one of those days where everything goes right (for the most part)?

After a bunch of not so stellar days in a row, this one makes up for it.

First, I finally got my entire sales staff to donate their free time to volunteer at the local Community Cafe (only once a month so far). I've wanted to give back on a larger scale for quite some time. It's sort of like a soup kitchen, helping those who can't afford 3 squares.

Second, My 4 year old taught himself to READ today. By himself.He's only learning basic phonics in preschool, but came over to me with Dr. Seuss in tow, and showed me how he can sound out "Sam-I-Am".

Third, my oldest son learned Heart and Soul on the piano today in all of ten minutes so he could play piano with me. I'm kinda jealous of how quick he can learn any instrument I put in front of him.

It makes me smile when I remember to be present and pay attention to the little stuff.
[Reply]
Remo 08:42 PM 12-11-2014
Good day bro :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:50 PM 12-11-2014
Very cool!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:46 PM 12-11-2014
That's great! :-) I was expecting a grip post venting about something, which is fine, but this was a welcome surprise. :-) Makes my day better knowing my BOTL had a good day as well.
[Reply]
markem 11:49 PM 12-11-2014
Days like that make all the bad ones pretty much not matter. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:11 AM 12-12-2014
Pretty great day, Peter! :-)

Sh!t, I'm happy when I make 3 traffic lights in a row. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:41 AM 12-12-2014
To answer the first question, NO! :-)

But I'm glad you had one, Peter! :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:41 AM 12-12-2014
You should keep that picture forever. Print it, have it framed (2x), you keep one, when he graduates college, give him the other. It has everything - guitar, keyboard, piano, Christmas scenes, Elmo, Mario, and most importantly, you two looking amazed at each other. Just awesome.
[Reply]
nutcracker 07:34 AM 12-12-2014
Pretty soon your rub your eyes and wonder what happened, when the little blighters are graduating college/ getting married/ crashing your car.

Enjoy this man, fix it in your brain

It's fleeting......
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:01 AM 12-12-2014
A great day indeed with many many more to follow, no matter what Neil says ! :-)

Sh!t, I'm happy when Tom makes 3 traffic lights in a row :-)
[Reply]
markem 09:04 AM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sh!t, I'm happy when I make 3 traffic lights in a row. :-)
With or without lights and siren?
[Reply]
pektel 10:54 AM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
You should keep that picture forever. Print it, have it framed (2x), you keep one, when he graduates college, give him the other. It has everything - guitar, keyboard, piano, Christmas scenes, Elmo, Mario, and most importantly, you two looking amazed at each other. Just awesome.
Thanks, and great idea. I didn't even take a look at the other stuff in the picture. That white thing on the ground is a natural hide drum one of my buddies brought back from Africa years ago.

Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Pretty soon your rub your eyes and wonder what happened, when the little blighters are graduating college/ getting married/ crashing your car.

Enjoy this man, fix it in your brain

It's fleeting......
I'm definitely not taking any of it for granted. :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 12:25 PM 12-12-2014
Great day, indeed!
[Reply]
dijit 02:11 PM 12-12-2014
A great day indeed.
[Reply]
pektel 03:49 AM 01-16-2015
Instead of starting a new thread, figured i'd just add to this one.

Went down to the man cave last night to see what my kids were up to. Alex (the older one) was teaching Ashton (the little brother) how to play. The student is trying to become the teacher. :-)

[Reply]
longknocker 04:25 AM 01-16-2015
Way To Go, Peter!:-) Definitely Frame Those Pics, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 04:40 AM 01-16-2015
Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Cherish these years - they go by so damn fast
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:26 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Cherish these years - they go by so damn fast
:-)

Vin is right; the years fly by much faster than you think they can.
[Reply]
markem 09:30 AM 01-16-2015
Serious happy memories there, Peter.
[Reply]
jjirons69 11:54 AM 01-16-2015
I have those same pajamas.
[Reply]
Up