Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Online Book Discussion Groups
bscottskangum 06:27 PM 02-21-2011
I have been reading alot of books lately on my nook. Sometimes it's a little weird reading something then thinking/talking about it to myself.

So, does anyone know of/involved in any good online book discussion groups?

I have googled the issue a little but it's kind of a pain sifting through what's good and what isn't.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:30 PM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by bscottskangum:
I have been reading alot of books lately on my nook. Sometimes it's a little weird reading something then thinking/talking about it to myself.

So, does anyone know of/involved in any good online book discussion groups?

I have googled the issue a little but it's kind of a pain sifting through what's good and what isn't.
I don't know if there is an equivalent for the Nook but the Kindle has an online forum that includes book discussions. While the technical/device specific subject matter wouldn't be of interest, the book discussions might be.

www.kindleboards.com
[Reply]
bscottskangum 06:48 PM 02-21-2011
Thanks Peter, the "Book Klubs" section would be just what I'm looking for but it's pretty underdeveloped. I've looked at Barnes & Nobles book communities but it's a mess and no real book discussion there.

Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely be using it for some book recommendations.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:10 PM 02-21-2011
Thanks Peter, the "Book Klubs" section would be just what I'm looking for but it's pretty underdeveloped. I've looked at Barnes & Nobles book communities but it's a mess and no real book discussion there.

Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely be using it for some book recommendations.
What is it that you like to read?
[Reply]
bscottskangum 07:22 PM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
What is it that you like to read?
Civil War autobiographies, post apocalyptic fiction, science fiction (not fantasy more like futuristic earth sci-fi), early science fiction like Jules Verne, dystopian novels

It varies.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:30 PM 02-21-2011
Civil War autobiographies, post apocalyptic fiction, science fiction (not fantasy more like futuristic earth sci-fi), early science fiction like Jules Verne, dystopian novels

It varies.
Minimal overlap of our reading interests, Barry. I used to read quite a bit of science fiction but now it's pretty much crime drama/medical thriller/mystery for me.
James Patterson, John Sandford, Patricia Cornwell, Robin Cook, Greg Iles, Tess Gerritsen. Too many to list here but you get the idea.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 07:53 PM 02-21-2011
I've been doing a little more research since my first post an hour and a half ago. Anyone have any experience with www.goodreads.com ?
[Reply]
Up